Boot release and rear speaker issues

hi

i removed the front panel from the dashboard to get into radio. i checked the wiring and all looks ok, i didnt remove the wiring plugs from radio because i dont have the radio code. is there anything else to check regarding the rear speaker problem?

regarding boot release... is it electroncial release or just the main wire from front to back? wheres the best place to check the wiring if its broke and do i need to dismantle rear boot etc...

regards me

The boot release is mechanical (cable).
Im not sure what your 'speaker problem' is, but if they are not working then did you check for continuity between the wires at the head-unit and the speakers? there may be a break somewhere in the wire? have you checked the connections on the speakers themselves?

the rear boot mechanism (lock) are they all the same thruout the micra K11 range but only with a cable connected to release it on some certain models?

J

pollyp

Club Member
i'm guessing it's prob only models with remote fuel cap cos the boot release and fuel cap release are integrated into the same cable. and the carpet near the drivers side sill would have a cutout to cater for the release lever compared to models without the release mechanism

OP
OP
K
does that mean that the fuel/boot release cable are the same? if the fuel release is working does that mean the cable will be ok or does it mean i need to replace the cable? does the cable split into 2 somehow, seems a strange setup if one had to go and not the other! im a little confused. wheres the best place to start checking regarding the boot release do i need to strip the back panel off the boot?

regards me

pollyp

Club Member
they're both on the same cable.

the very end of cable attaches to the boot latch

in the middle of the cable near the fuel cap area the outer cable is split open, the two ends attached to the fuel cap release mechanism and on the exposed inner cable is a moulded notch.

when you pull the level, the very end of the cable pulls the boot latch to release it, the inner cable notch near the fuel cap has room to clear and doesn't hit the ends of the outer cable therefore fuel cap mechanism stays put.

when you push the lever, the inner cable notch hits the outer cable end, pulling the ends of the outer cable together therefore moving the fuel cap release mechanism.

most often the plastic ends of the outer cable working the fuel cap release breaks and leaves the mechanism useless (you have to open boot, access the left compartment and move the fuel cap mechanism to open) but the boot latch should still work

hi

i removed the front panel from the dashboard to get into radio. i checked the wiring and all looks ok, i didnt remove the wiring plugs from radio because i dont have the radio code. is there anything else to check regarding the rear speaker problem?

I take it from your posting the radio is a standard nissan one; I am also assuming nissan fitted rear speakers as standard on the top of the range micra (my 1.3 micra inspiration didn't), cos the low spec ones didn't have rear speakers, if they are in the rear doors the fault could be in the wire routed from the door post to the door

OP
OP
K
@k11 micra

when you say about door speakers im pretty sure there isnt any there! im not sure if these rear speakers were put in 3rd party but they look original to me. if i remove the plugs from radio does that mean i need to get my original nissan radio recoded again?

regards me

pollyp

Club Member
if you cut the power to the stock radio and you don't have the 4digit code, you'll have to either request the code from some thread or an expensive request from the dealers or just buy another stereo as they're cheap enough

if you cut the power to the stock radio and you don't have the 4digit code, you'll have to either request the code from some thread or an expensive request from the dealers or just buy another stereo as they're cheap enough

if you have the standard blaupunkt radio, get me the chassis no starting BP.... , its either on a sticker on the back or stamped on one of the sides. and I can get the code on blaupunkt code calculator software

OP
OP
K
hi

could it be that this micra doesnt have a boot release. cos i only see the fuel cap logo on the plastic handle and nothing for the boot!!!!!!! i checked the inner boot by unscrewing the metal cover but all i seen was wires, didnt see anything that resembled a cable at all. when i pull the handle upwards there doesnt seem to be any kind of play in it. i would say it only moves upwards about half a centimetre.

it is a blaupunkt and the chassis number is bp 634017827894

regards me

hi

could it be that this micra doesnt have a boot release. cos i only see the fuel cap logo on the plastic handle and nothing for the boot!!!!!!! i checked the inner boot by unscrewing the metal cover but all i seen was wires, didnt see anything that resembled a cable at all. when i pull the handle upwards there doesnt seem to be any kind of play in it. i would say it only moves upwards about half a centimetre.

it is a blaupunkt and the chassis number is bp 634017827894

regards me

According to Blaupunkt Code Calc your code is: 0177

yes there on the parcel shelf and my car is a 1.3 3 door inspiration. the speakers look like original nissan ones.

My last micra was a 99(T) Micra 1.3 inspiration, and it didnt have remote boot release or rear speakers as standard- don't think nissan fitted those

the micra i've just picked up today has the combined remote boot release and fuel filler flap release on it.its a '93 L reg 1.0 LX 5-door model.it also has a factory fitted sunroof.
i've not come across them before as all the micras i've owned have either been L,Vibe,Equation or S models and none has these features.i'd sooner have the key-locking fuel door as it would be a pain in the ass if the cable type ones pack in.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
the micra i've just picked up today has the combined remote boot release and fuel filler flap release on it.its a '93 L reg 1.0 LX 5-door model.it also has a factory fitted sunroof.
i've not come across them before as all the micras i've owned have either been L,Vibe,Equation or S models and none has these features.i'd sooner have the key-locking fuel door as it would be a pain in the ass if the cable type ones pack in.

na mate the flap pops out easily (meaning theives could easily get you if you havent got a loking fuel cap)
but use something plastic to lever it out so you dont damge the paint

OP
OP
K
hi guys

whats the best way to see if these rear speakers are working without removing them? i looked at the wiring but it looks fine. should i trace the wiring back to source and cut them to check or is there a simpler option?

i only have a few problems to fix on my micra and all is complete this being....

1. rear speakers
2. fuel problem (gonna change the lambda sensors can someone tell me if i should change both sensors on manifold and rear exhaust?)
3. air con radiator (in process of getting radiator)

once this is all done then happy faces :) :) :) but for now sad faces :( :( :(

regards