Boot light

M

maidenmadman

i have the k11 w reg revised front end and im just wonderin why it does not have a boot light?

I have taken one from a scrap yard and fitted it in place but i have not got the faintist idea how it comes on when you lift up the boot?

Where is the switch?

Cheers

i would have thought theres a switch that is depressed when the boot is closed to turb off the light, much like what is used when the door is opened

maidenmadman said:
.....but i have not got the faintist idea how it comes on when you lift up the boot?

Where is the switch?

the switch or whatever that turns the light on and off upon opening and closing the boot door, is actaully the locking mechanism itself.

open the boot and ull see the locking mechanism (the gold coloured lock) held on by 2 bolts (on the boot lid itself). Now whether its all already wired up and connectors hidden sumwhere under the carpet like mike says, or it needs wiring up, i dont know. so cant help you there.

but you know where the switch is now.

yeah thanks alot mate

When i took the light from the scrappy i had a look to see if there was any such mechanism. I could actually see that the car i took it from had a n extra wired metal bracket. i didnt take this as i thought this was the central locking mechanism from the car.

now i knoe i will go back to the scrappy and take it.

cheers everybody

hi me again

Had a look at the one in the scrappy and still cannot understand how the boot light comes on when you open up the boot.

has anyone got any photos of the mechanism

plz could they post them so i know what i am looking for

cheers.

lift up the boot and take off the pannel that covers the inside of the boot (lots of plastic screws) inside there you will see a small spring loaded piece of metal with a wire on the end, when the boot is locked the metal springs forward and connects with the body work of the car. the switch itself is a negative switch and the light will require a constant earth.

you have to remove the pannel before you can see anything and make sure you get lots of spare plastc screws because they are really easy to loose.

sorry but i don't have any pics at the mo but if you take a pic then i can point it out for you :)

ahh cheers thanks very much matey now i know where to look.

i will have a look 2nite.

cheers

if im still stuck ill take a photo and you can point it out for me

if you can't find any factory wires to hook into then try taking wires off the interior roof light and get a "push to break" switch and put switch in the upper lip of the boot(on car where boot meets car) and then connect it to a light.

maidenmadman said:
ahh cheers thanks very much matey now i know where to look.

i will have a look 2nite.

cheers

if im still stuck ill take a photo and you can point it out for me

no probs, hope it helps :)

yeah cheers mate. ive actually had a look and there is some wires so i will have a delve and see what i can do.

thankyou very much matey

griff88 said:
if you can't find any factory wires to hook into then try taking wires off the interior roof light and get a "push to break" switch and put switch in the upper lip of the boot(on car where boot meets car) and then connect it to a light.

Does anyone know where you can get these, I thought it would be a cheap and quick way to put a light in the boot and in the glovebox of my k11

Back