Boot install pics

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Can people post / send me pics of boot installs and progress ones, I'm looking for ideas and techniques of what to do and keep it tidy.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
MDF? Fibreglass? What type of thing are you after, and what equipment are you using (number of subs, amps, etc)?

Cheers :)

I might have a chance to get some photos of mine tomorrow!

Edit: This probably should be moved into the relevant forum.

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Firstly, my rear seats are out so what I've done / doing is using the seat brackts, made a frame to mount a floor on. On this will sit the sub. The amp is under another floor in spare wheel well.

But this will look a tad basic and boring so looking to spice it up

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
My main concern is getting the wood to mount/fix to the actual car, I know I car use existing holes but like the pics below (Gavs) I want "shelves" along the side, just not the centre part (not yet).

donny%20day1%20004.jpg

DSC01305.JPG

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Couldn't remember you'r new name as it's labelled as micramans bruvva on my comp!

Do you have anymore pics?
Am interested in seeing how you covered the sides up

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I'll put a picture up of my old install in a minute......

For the false floor and sub boxes, you must make sure everything is secured down properly. Basically, you need to bolt it to the car body. I've used bolts through the boot floor to hold my false floor base down. Things like velcro, etc are just not strong enough, especially in a crash situation.

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Cheers, the false floor is my main concern, I want one to cover the entire boot and rear passenger seats but to also fit around all the side fixtures, but it's finding best ways to make sure it's level, once done I'm sure i can do all I need as I'd have a stable base!

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
The only way I could fit in 3 amps, and active crossover plus a custom ported subwoofer was as follows:

empty_3.jpg

full_3.jpg

My new install is a lot more simple, exchanging the 3 amps for one 5-channel (large!) amp plus a better source unit. I've not had time to trim the boot, and am going to make a fibreglass subwoofer box which sits in the left wheel arch, but here is my present install (amp hidden under false floor - will get pictures soon):

stealth1.jpg

stealth2.jpg

OP
OP
goldstar0011

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
It's making the side boxes I'll have trouble with, don't get me wrong I can make a box but getting it to look like that and be as sturdy as it looks.......hummmm

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
If you have your subwoofer facing upwards do not put speakers on your shelf and run them IB as the air movement from the sub will push the cones around of shelf speakers.

First thing I did with my boot install was move the sub around to find the best position for the subwoofer, as this can make a lot of difference. I've only got a false floor in atm, as I'm working on a stealth install, atm I'm working on my stealth shelf.

I can get you some photo's when I get home.

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Just havin a look for ya now mate, found some random ones tho

Attachments

• bootinstall.jpg
    bootinstall.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 653
  • install.jpg
    install.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 489
  • install2.jpg
    install2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 764
  • install3.jpg
    install3.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 516
  • MVC-001F11.JPG
    MVC-001F11.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 530

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Ok found them

Attachments

• DSCF0114.JPG
    DSCF0114.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 577
  • DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 693
  • DSCF0116.JPG
    DSCF0116.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 516
  • install.jpg
    install.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 559
  • install2.jpg
    install2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 464
aah after seeing the pic i want one lol..even if i can get the size on the tip il just get a universal one of that size, Janspeed are good but pretty pricey i remember buying a Janspeed back box for my ae82 gt cost em an arm and a leg,apparently they're rare ?

this was an install i done 11years ago in an mgzr in the boot i had a tv tuner and amp,2 x 10disc multiplay changers in the drivers side panel a 10" sub ,under the cover on the left i had a bridged alpine amp for the sub and 1.5farad power cap

the floor was still removeable to have access to the spare