Boot falling down... :(

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

i have the k10 super s with the lower spoiler, when i open the boot it starts to fall back down quickly and slam shut *ouch* the gas struts seem to be ok and stiff but the boot does seem to be rather on the heavy side but there is no way to lighten the boot without removing the spoiler which i dont want to do. Is there any other way of solving this problem

cheers

steve

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The struts probably do need replacing, or unhook the parcel shelf to reduce the weight. Mine was forever crashing down on my head or my back if i was reaching inside the boot!

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
it still does it even without the parcel shelf, i think i will try a rod to jam it like in the bonnet :D

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
where can i get some stifer struts which would fit with little moddification like mabe almera or sunny? i dont know, i will try some new ones though

superls

K10 Tuner
mine also does it even without the parcel shelf and lower spoiler, i once fited some struts off of a sun bed, but they were too powerfull and upon popping the boot it used to open on its own. but i hav do practically swing on the lid to shut it.

new replacements are about £60 :-(

I noticed that on my mates mitsibishi teh length and brsckets were not too far out at all..but stronger and thicker focourse....may be with a welding kit teh K10 ends could be grafted to a second hang set of beefier ones?

the worst blow to the head in my life (ever) was from a falling K10 boot lid corner

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
I noticed that on my mates mitsibishi teh length and brsckets were not too far out at all..but stronger and thicker focourse....may be with a welding kit teh K10 ends could be grafted to a second hang set of beefier ones?

Rich...have u been on the tennants again? :p

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
when a boot lid falls on your head people will be suprised but it does REALLY HURT lol theres a lot of weight in a boot lid and if your struts decide to go you had better get out the way quick ;)

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
ahh i remember this with my k10! had a smooth boot aswell, so a bit of extra metal and filler to weigh it down even more!