• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Boosted SR20DET K11 Micra

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Sends my mind back to the days of Dave Bull hitting 168.6mph in the standing mile at TOTB.

I'll be thoroughly chuffed to break through 130mph in ours...

OP
OP
M

mov

Site Supporter

Was getting bored of the power so got it mapped after racewars @ 0.75. Driveshaft didnt like the power, snapped two already so looking to get some custom ones made over the winter.

Micra getting sorn'd till next year now...

Results: 230whp, 274bhp, 265lbft

183735_10152038324220164_1439422012_n.jpg

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
500bhp! Geesh! I struggle getting the power down on 250bhp! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Yeah it's in his thread. I'd be interested in how he's go and get over 500bhp without spending silly money on it

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
So what u running to be getting 500bhp. And how u know ur at 500bhp? Dyno? Proof? What clutch u using as mines slipping

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
yeah i know of dave bull 400bhp! :) watched his vids loads of times. he is a legend

so what clutch is that though? a twin plate one?

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
In latest fast car shows the types of clutches and gives me some knowledge of them. So that's a multi plate clutch like this
zuqytyqy.jpg

So what mods has he done to get 500bhp? Plus Surely anything over 300bhp would be wasted power as it wouldn't get traction so wouldn't get as good times on a 1/4 mile strip

frank

Club Member
So what mods has he done to get 500bhp? Plus Surely anything over 300bhp would be wasted power as it wouldn't get traction so wouldn't get as good times on a 1/4 mile strip

its all in his mera blog, doing 13 secs a few years ago, then 12,s then 11,s last year iirc

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
So that's in the Almera or the micra those times? Sorry I'm very novice lol

frank

Club Member
So that's in the Almera or the micra those times? Sorry I'm very novice lol

little bandit was totaled at (knock hill ?) then i believe the running gear was fitted to a mera for a few years, and further developed (which stani soooo nearly bought :)) then mov bought it

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Ah I see fair enough! Get it dynoed!! Lol

Still in a 700kg micra that's gonna be too much to get down as he said until 130mph it just spins the wheels then in sure a car with traction would beat it. But still. Amazing!

Stani1029

Club Member
That almera would hit a high 10 at pod. We'll never find out now, and there wont be much traction in the micra. Dave had to use boost by gear and launch in 2nd gear LOL

P.s. that micra would be lucky to weight 800kg without driving with all the extra weight upfront

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Quick google and 135kg sr20 engine with gearbox etc but no turbo or manifold so I reckon 150kg total

A micra standard weighs 700kg minus the 1.0 or 1.3l plus the 150kg I reckon be about 800kg. Have to find a weigh bridge once mines done lol

frank

Club Member
Quick google and 135kg sr20 engine with gearbox etc but no turbo or manifold so I reckon 150kg total

A micra standard weighs 700kg minus the 1.0 or 1.3l plus the 150kg I reckon be about 800kg. Have to find a weigh bridge once mines done lol

nah, 825kg stock, + at least 125kg of added weight

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Fair do. Ill see when mines repaired how much mine weighs lol. I need to go on a diet lol

OP
OP
M

mov

Site Supporter
mine weighs 790kg but is fully stripped nothing there, Door and bonnet skin all gone. The last dyno is was dyno'd at 536 or sumat now little tweaking here and there i reckon more if not same, using a b turbo.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
What turbo is on it/spec? 'Disco potato' turbo can't get anywhere close to 500hp. Even a 3076 I'd question it (unless billet version). Quite a few customers of mine are now 500+hp, its a whole different world to getting 400hp (easy)

Andy, As for clutches speak to me if you need anything.

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
I've got a paddle clutch in Almera I'm breaking. Ill be keeping engine as spare when this one blows lol but clutch will be coming out. Just needs thrust bearing. Will my thrust bearing fit from micra at the moment?

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
Yes, it will provided that it is a GTi!

My turbocharger that MOV now has was a GT30, machined with a GT40 comp' wheel.

MOV, come on, what's happening?

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
Ooooof, yeah a GT30R (GT3076R) with a T3 inlet flange, 4 bolt 3" outlet, 0.82 AR, however instead of the usual 76mm compressor wheel, I had an 88mm compressor wheel and had the housing machined.

Basically enough air flow for 600 BHP.

I made 453 WHP in a 5th gear pull at 22 psi (99 octane)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
That's not a bad sized turbo. I bet you miss the old thing now?