• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Boosted SR20DET K11 Micra

Everything nearly finished now!

Engine out fitted the LSD box, new clutch and engine/box painted silver... manifold also sprayed with VHT paint.

e267a22f.jpg

GTi brakes on with Goodridge brake lines.

260b589a.jpg

Front/Rear ARB and panhard rod fitted. Will need spacers for the front to stop it touching the gear linkage and manifold. Had problems with the rear arb will need drill out the snapped stud.

7b7c8a1d.jpg

47157463.jpg

baf60ff8.jpg

37cc0236.jpg

Recaro Seats fitted

bf89932d.jpg

0342d0f8.jpg

Raditor on with two slime line fans

ab42ba5b.jpg

Nismo Strut brace on

Booked in Unique exhaust on thursday cause no exhaust atm... getting 2.5 mandrel bent system with either a SPOON N1 backbox or a Skyline R34 backbox

2rnfxc3.jpg

Well thankfully everything is done...

Had to get the passenger side shaft shortened cause of the lsd

Had to make custom ARB brackets so it doesn't touch the shifter

Rear panhard and arb fitted

8cf4f1e1.jpg

0f964d83.jpg

0f964d83.jpg

Also got the water pipe on the head custom made so i could mount the rad pipes properly.

98db60c2.jpg

Half under sealed

7f57b90f.jpg

Had a go in it no problems at all :biggrin:

Will sort and tidy up all tomorrow hopefully

Lots of hard work and you're almost their Mov! Nicely done mate. Must say it sounds like a beast when you fired her up. RAR!

Love the project man. Respect (Y) Love the idea of painting the rocker cover. Good luck and hope to see her rollin soon grr

Cheers from Slovenia,
Alex

Absolutely beautiful! Fantastic workmanship, it looks like a factory job, very very nice work man. (Y)

If you ever decide to sell it, give me a shout.

Absolutely beautiful! Fantastic workmanship, it looks like a factory job, very very nice work man. (Y)

If you ever decide to sell it, give me a shout.

Thanks pal for all the positive comments through out the build.

Wont be selling it yet... im either going turbo or sr20VE next :grinning:

That looks proper quick, are you using a shorter range gearbox or is it all SR20 gear?

I am lead to believe from reading the thread he has a standard box with LSD fitted! :)

It's a totally marvellous car! :) did you register it as a 2.0?

Pepper

Looking good mate well done (Y)

Thanks

That looks proper quick, are you using a shorter range gearbox or is it all SR20 gear?

Autech LSD gearbox

I am lead to believe from reading the thread he has a standard box with LSD fitted! :)

It's a totally marvellous car! :) did you register it as a 2.0?

Yep LSD from the autech...

Pepper

nice work mush. love the cam cover. (Y)

Thanks

Long day today but well worth it

Went today morning and finally got the exhaust done with SPOON backbox it sounds awesome

Few pics of Phil doing his magic he even fitted my lambda sensor in a new position

On the way back whilst weighing the cat in I weighed my micra

820kg with a sr20!!!!

Then headed off to a dyno to see what it's pushing

Got a nice surprise with just a stainless Mani/exhaust and blitz induction kit

I got

127 lbft

Exhaust1.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust3.jpg

Exhaust5.jpg

Exhaust5.jpg

Exhaust6.jpg

impressive mate (Y) whats next cams? you probs already know this but if you fit the high port intake cam from a early prim or sunny gti ect you should see a 5-7hp gain i did it when i put the low port in my n14.

Car's looking awesome mate - stance is absolutely spot on, body modifications look good (love how you can see the twin fans through the front grill (Y)), and sounds like you've ended up getting a good power-to-weight ratio from the SR20 conversion. Any plans to try get that figure a bit higher? Would love to see a 200bhp+ SR20 Micra :laugh:. Good work though (Y)

Aha, the notorious Little Bandit. This one's dead, is it not? Still mad though, especially in a car that size and weight

Holy #### man, shame. As long as he was ok though. Just watched the crash vid, looked pretty bad. 409bhp in a car that weighs 800kg is just madness. Surprised he kept it FWD though, would have thought he'd go with 4WD, or at least RWD

again nice work chief (Y) every time i read this blog it makes me want to do a sr20 conversion but i know i wouldn't be able to stop myself and end up doing stupid things ive still got a gtir turbo manifold sat here :laugh:

Back