• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Boosted SR20DET K11 Micra

mov

Site Supporter
Ladybird 2.0 *1/4 Mile Vids*

Right so after the sad demise of the EG, and selling the subaru.. a mysterious voiced whispered to me to go back to Nissan. Now having already built a Turbo N15 wasn't keen on a) doing another turbo N15 b) driving a bog standard GTi. Was very close to buying a R34 GTT in white but then settled something a lil less good... Nissan Micra!!

After reading about RR Developments problem with there Micra was determined to find a MINT shell which i knew would be hard considering these cars are the best part of 15years old.. But they say good things come to those who wait..

Saturday the boys got together and headed down south to go view this lil monster :O

Now you see it..
Image0088.jpg

Now you dont..
Image0087.jpg

The Blues Brothers
Image0089.jpg

Image0090.jpg

Image0091.jpg

Image0093.jpg

Image0094.jpg

Nissan Micra 1.0
1.3 Cams
1.6 Injectors
4-1 Manifold
HKS Mushroom Filter
Lightened Flywheel
Custom Roll Cage
Cut Springs
Snap Off Steering wheel
Bucket Seats
Fire Extinguisher

The car is an ABSOLUTE mint shell.. its got a few, i mean a few dings and bumps nothing major! Theres one teeeeny weeeeny bit of rust, infact it aint even rust just starting to bubble, size of a sweetcorn (Ammars Passats got more rust :p)!

This is where it begins boyss

First thing first;

De stickered -

3ee48e36.jpg

Interior

443ead43.jpg

Engine y0

5297f6f8.jpg

I thought exactly the same thing Eliot, I think that's my dashboard at the front of the pic :laugh:.

I saw this for sale the other day, it made a point about the modified evo intake tube lol like it matters it's a pipe doesn't matter if it came off a metro or Ferrari lol
Very nice car though have fun

It's pretty darn nice already, pretty sure this is Harlen's ex motor. Totally stripped out and got a 19.05 down the quarter mile, pretty good for a 1.0 :grinning:.

Thanks for the comments guy keep 'em coming (Y)

Few bits bough :wow:

Got few whiteline bits

Brand new: Rear ARB

d827e8d2.jpg

Panhard rod:

morepicsandmicrabits007.jpg

New clutch/flywheel

576f1835.jpg

DSCN2222.jpg

Wow, I'm SO glad she's still doing good. She looks totally fantastic.

I built the car last year with my dad, from bone stock. I've had 3 cars, this, a 106 Quiksilver and a Mazda MX5, and THIS is still my favourite. I miss it every day!

On more of a dark note, I just had a very bad accident in my MX5 which I was very lucky to walk away from (well, I didn't walk away from it xD), so I'm now on the search for another car. I think I might have to build another one of these little beasties.

I wish you all the best with the project mate, I've got it book marked and I'll be keeping tabs on it! If you EVER come to sell it, let me know... Have fun!

I built the car last year with my dad, from bone stock. I've had 3 cars, this, a 106 Quiksilver and a Mazda MX5, and THIS is still my favourite. I miss it every day!

On more of a dark note, I just had a very bad accident in my MX5 which I was very lucky to walk away from (well, I didn't walk away from it xD), so I'm now on the search for another car. I think I might have to build another one of these little beasties.

I wish you all the best with the project mate, I've got it book marked and I'll be keeping tabs on it! If you EVER come to sell it, let me know... Have fun!

Cheers pal

I kept the car in good hands Harlen, see its still around, making a few modifications to it! Harlen would you please post the new owners the original pictures of when it was first being built and when it was stock mate, cheers buddy hope you are ok...

Got this from rich

LSD FTW!!!

1614e58e.jpg

d7fe70dc.jpg

Jerrick @ MeisterR is doing me a massive favour so should have Zeta-R Coilovers from him in next 6-8 weeks cant wait. Price he gave me is unbeatable even almera's are more expensive lol

So all parts are here just need to get the shafts made, tomorrow engine should be out so off we go...

Future to do list

2.5 Exhaust with a spoon backbox
ASP Header or custom header
Standalone ECU
mfactory 3/4 gear and 4.7FD
ACT Clutch
Fully stripped with recaro and 6 point rollcage
MR Coilovers custom to my set up
Whiteline front/rear arb
Panhard Rod
Ultra racing bracing

Good thread mate - love the car a lot, great style :grinning:. Can't wait to see it with the new engine in, good luck (Y)

Well firstly got the mounts lined up then welded them after a mock fit

e21079e3.jpg

ed720fbb.jpg

a45fa9bb.jpg

The underbrace needed a little shaving

b2a23806.jpg

Engine in perfect i thing :tt2:

fbbafcdc.jpg

19963fcc.jpg

Engine out and welded properly ( need to neat it up a little)

0fbe87c8.jpg

6058c071.jpg

7c1b7eb7.jpg

3233ee7c.jpg

7f6ace26.jpg

80b7f3cb.jpg

b85a0a98.jpg

Sprayed the rear satin black

dbe37a85.jpg

5a321acd.jpg

0d26a875.jpg

5b7f2bce.jpg

Custom shafts :smile: ( painted to see if any hair line cracks so far so good)

9bcc3221.jpg

39e97eb0.jpg

Interior sprayed black

bd2f57a1.jpg

13b352b3.jpg

Treated the damn rust :no: ( will weld a patch on tomorrow)

e7ec6865.jpg

2e64cd86.jpg

781be259.jpg

3bbc0591.jpg

Painted the alloys

d098706a.jpg

151ff70d.jpg

651d287b.jpg

306348fa.jpg

c89f06a1.jpg

9a23a398.jpg

Final look

3bb2a6b9.jpg

54385416.jpg

Sprayed the rocker cover:

e312aac7.jpg

5e77aa94.jpg

c336c673.jpg

Engine bay ready to be painted:

2136206e.jpg

Stripped for the wiring now:

ffe7d3db.jpg

3e3af29b.jpg

How's the progress Mov? I am excited about this, your previous cars were awesome so I have high expectations on this Micra ;)

Hope all is well!

Pepper

Another update soon, I hope :grinning:. Looking forward to seeing how work is progressing on your car (Y). Good luck (Y)

Back