[video=youtube;3_Z5Fyf2msQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Z5Fyf2msQ[/video]

Micra doing 14.51 (Ammar driving and missing 4th :frown:) his 1st go as well

[video=youtube;R7lXpj9bNXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7lXpj9bNXY[/video]

My best video

Mov micra SR20 VS Dale Autech (217bhp)

Epic race

[video=youtube;BSsRXUYeXbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsRXUYeXbo[/video]

Micra FTW

Id like to thank everyone for their appreciative comments... without them id never have the motivation to finish this off

and now end of the month it will put away for the winter and my engine rebuild will commence for moar powerzzzz

amazing to think you've been down the same 1/4 mile as me! The best I managed was 16.6 with a standard 1.3 and a few exhaust modifications! I surprised a few big boys aswell!

Paid a vist to Unique Exhaust in stafford for a 3" Mandrel bent Exhaust

Had few backboxes available to fit

b16271e8.jpg

Super Dragger -
Fuji Gike -
5zigen -
Blitz Nur Spec -

All of them where too big for the micra, the blitz was the only one that would fit but would stick out slightly.

The plus side is the brand name would be view able lol...

Old 2.5" Mandrel bent Spoon Exhaust

c6cbd8e9.jpg

10ae7001.jpg

New 3" System

15eb0258.jpg

67ecf327.jpg

Took ages to customise the blitz back box, no room cause of the whiteline gear.

f6a14d68.jpg

8827649c.jpg

729470c3.jpg

41c84f41.jpg

[video=youtube;GvlwKAA6gu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvlwKAA6gu8 [/video]

That looks like an awesome car mate,nice to see another SR20 micra. I've wanted to run mine up the strip, thats not a bad time you put down there. Good work, keep it up.

So after a long hard thought... ill be doing a low boost :wink: set up on the micra. Id love to stay N/A but its a very expensive game.

I may put a standard SR20DE in the primera and use all the parts needed for the turbo conversion on the micra apart from the engine.

So...

Few question what management would you lot recommend, ill be using a apexi boost controller to control the boost levels per gear etc...

Any other recommendation...

I love it, what kind of power are you aiming for? Does it feel better with the coileys?

Trust me it feel awesome though it takes some time getting used to, normally a PAS car you could maneuver with one hand. If you hold the steering at quater to 3 then then it handles like a go kart

power we shall see

Yeah the ####e crail one or the sticky santa pod one. I can understand how some cars get worse times as they will bog down on the better surface. I used r888 at crail in my 1.0ltr and my best times of the day was in the wet as it kept bogging down on a dry surface

Nearly all parts needed are here :)...

Got few question so any help would be appreciated... (frank other turbo guru's)

1. As im not aiming for high power atm, is it worth me putting a uprated head gasket (1.5/1.8mm) and use ARP headstuds so i can boost it more if i want. Initially i was going to do that but, Ammar said if im only aiming for 250ish then its not worth it for as it will lower the compression etc... His advice was if i go through the hassle of doing that then i may as well put low comp piston and do the whole thing at once

What do you guys think?

2. Water cooled turbo - Is it really worth it, i have read in few place the pros, but worth the hassle on low boost set up?

3. GTiR clutch and flywheel fit SR20DE?

Cheers

i would,nt worry about the compression or gasket @ 1/2 a bar mov, i,m raising the C/R to 10.5:1 on my current lowboost build :wasntme:

lowboost build FTW ha :wasntme:

aye mov, lag...lag...wheelspin FTL eh fwn
N/A,s have 1/3 bar of negative boost eh (inlet vacuum @ WOT) so 1/2 bar of boost and a high compression ratio and a light F/W and we should posting some good times :cool:

aye mov,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we should posting some good times :cool:

:grinning: here come some good days and times

i wouldn't fuss about a water cooled turbo on a budget build if it had water lines then i would plumb them in but if not it wouldn't bother me. as for the flywheel and clutch im fairly sure they are different i know you can use the sr20de clutch and fly on a gti-r engine with a fwd box you have to drill the flywheel holes out 1 or 2 mm. but im not sure about the other way round. i think an uprated clutch would be ok. tho im not sure what the standard clutch could take as i have never pushed one to its limits yet lol.

aye mov, lag...lag...wheelspin FTL eh fwn
N/A,s have 1/3 bar of negative boost eh (inlet vacuum @ WOT) so 1/2 bar of boost and a high compression ratio and a light F/W and we should posting some good times :cool:

1/3 bar at WOT? We pull ~0.4bar at idle, at WOT it's more like <1psi. You sure a squirrel hasn't made a nest in your airbox Frank ;)

1/3 bar at WOT? We pull ~0.4bar at idle, at WOT it's more like <1psi. You sure a squirrel hasn't made a nest in your airbox Frank ;)

yours might read minus 1 psi @ full chat dave, but what does it read when you floor it @ 2k rpm for instance ?, my boost gauge was rarely less than 1/4 bar vacuum during daily driving )

yours might read minus 1 psi @ full chat dave, but what does it read when you floor it @ 2k rpm for instance ?, my boost gauge was rarely less than 1/4 bar vacuum during daily driving )

After doing some digging, it's seems like that's pretty standard figures for a plenum type setup, (learn something new every day lol). Divide normal figures by 3 and that's pretty close to where we are on average. Idle vacuum at 850rpm is around 9inHG depending on how we set them up. WOT at any rpm pretty much reduces that to zero.

Most of the parts are here/got:

Turbo - Garrett T28

5ba042b1.jpg

3554c1a0.jpg

a8ea67a3.jpg

Intercooler + Pipe - Choice of two will go for the smaller one for less lag

e19e2d47.jpg

7c41a373.jpg

Gauges -

17962e81.jpg

71d6f57d.jpg

c4d72a38.jpg

Nismo FPR -

fd64bffa.jpg

3" downpipe -

a41b5238.jpg

73715444.jpg

B & M short shifter -

dd09e9d4.jpg

Poly mounts -

71d5be60.jpg

Dumpvalve -

90ef8e7f.jpg

ECU's - I will be going for nistune rather than link or dastek

269592fe.jpg

awaiting few parts then ready to go -

e9fd767d.jpg

All the turbo tasty bits would look good in my car, can I borrow them for the weekend. I'll bring it back Monday lol.

Joke aside it not a bad idea to park her up to get the turbo with Xmas and winter setting in bud. Cars looking tidy. :grinning:

Decided to go for a full gti interior loom...

1cfff091.jpg

69934816.jpg

127a0f46.jpg

32cdb707.jpg

Fidanza fly and Gspec clutch

IMG-20111007-00079.jpg

List of things to do:

Change clutch - Gspec Stage 3 (Thanks ammar ;)
Do wiring
Bushes - Front poly wishbones bushes, Shifter bushes and RTA
Short shifter - B&M shifter
Water lines - From the coolant hoses
Tensiomer gasket - New gasket as current one is leaking
Sound deadening - Remove it all!
Seats - Need to weld the passenger side
Gauges - Boost and oil pressure
Fit turbo / intercooler
Fit standard grill
Standard number plate
Mount rad further
Bonnet pins
Wheels
Front and rear mounts
Weld extra plate on the jacking points

Finally then spray the car JET Black

Holidays gave me chance to start on the car... done quite a bit hoping to get rest done by the end of the week.

New wishbones poly bushed and welded.
Filed the alternator so hopefully no rad problems
Yellow stuff pads and brembo brakes
Took most of the sound deadening off.
Wired the almera loom in (not connected yet)
Put the purple injectors in
Fidanza fly and clutch
Mounts
Got more bits (oil pressure switch, gauges, oil return feed and quick release steering lock)
Sprayed new grill and alloys

5f5b1d5b.jpg

01a88462.jpg

fcf1b51e.jpg

914f43b2.jpg

da06476c.jpg

a2e7433e.jpg

fd83a5b7.jpg

ffb47b2e.jpg

Back