boost controllers

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
this the thing that sends boost down the pipe to actuator to open the wastegate? but i can stop it from sending boost down hence keeping wastegate closed and therefore get more boost?

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
effectivley keeping wastegate shut so it spools more boost?

ok cheers i understand..

should i get one? lol

frank

Club Member
i think i wrecked my 1st TD05 by running no bov (shaft wear) mine has a diesel recirc valve atm, acting as a bov/dump, and just plumbed into the chargepipe

gt1549,.JPG

frank

Club Member
if you want it to be neater and simpler, all your vacuums can go into a log andy (boost gauge/actuator pipe/fuel reg etc)

vacuum block.jpg

frank

Club Member
a fat pipe goes from the inlet mani to the log, then tap off the log to whatever, but the boost controller is fitted to the actuator pipe only tho eh
4 bungs are included in that kit eh

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
yeah i was thinking that so out the log id take a pipe to the dashboard where i will mount the manual boost controller then take the pipe back to the engine bay and connect onto the actuator.

:)

wooo bingo! im getting my head around it

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
this has confused me. now i thought u put the "vent into engine bay" bit to the actuator!???!?!?!

mbcfittings.jpg

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
ah ok i think i understand again lol.

when the boost controller is shut the boost does not escape and therefore forces the actuator to work. If i turn that controller to open the boost is leaked out into the engine bay and therefore not enough pressure to open the actuator?

so with a block just before the tee peice i have one hose from block to the tea piece and carry on the installation like that?

and the boost source is what ive got on intake pipe a hose coming off that going somewhere lol thats my input source yeah?

OP
OP
Andy_S

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
what else can u run from this apart from actuator pipe and boost gauge? you mentioned fuel regulator? what does that thing do? ive got two fuel pumps you see (one feeds the extra two injectors and other is in fuel tank)

just wondering if its worth buying one of those blocks