Book Lock Nightmare!!

Hey Everyone!

Having a nightmare time with the boot lock on my 2003 K12. The boot doesn't open when using the exterior button

Initially, I thought I had a bad mechanism, So I replaced this and still nothing!!

I then discovered the wiring in the top left of the boot lid had some split wires, So I had a mechanic repair these for me while I was having some other work done.

After having the wires fixed up the boot still wouldn't work!!

Finally, the only part left to replace was the button itself, Which I have just replaced and to my luck. Still absolutely nothing :mad::mad:

I'm beginning to lose my patience with this problem and I'm out of solutions on what to examine next.

Any help would greatly be appreciated! Just to note I don't have a multimeter. I know this would help immensely and I would be able to check for any power coming to the mechanism.

Thanks
Oliver

Hi I'm having same issue with mine so far have found that looking at the ground wire this can cause problems.
Have not tried anything as yet other than I checked the wiring loom on the driver side and it seemed to be fine with no breaks.
When I get a chance I'm going to have a look and take photo if I find anything but for now I'm going to try the ground and if I find that to be bad I will add a new jump wire or just clean up the ground wire.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

check the voltage at the switch and check the fuses, if all is no good, I fixed a temporary voltage line to lock mechanism via a switch so boot will open on demand from inside the car only. the main problems you find is the wiring becomes brittle over time, which is OK if the wires are in a static loom, however with the constant movement of the rear hatch this become a common problem, to fix the problem the integrity of the wiring should be renewed back to the fuse box (battery disconnected) and this will cure the problem.:unsure:

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Hey Everyone!

Having a nightmare time with the boot lock on my 2003 K12. The boot doesn't open when using the exterior button

Initially, I thought I had a bad mechanism, So I replaced this and still nothing!!

I then discovered the wiring in the top left of the boot lid had some split wires, So I had a mechanic repair these for me while I was having some other work done.

After having the wires fixed up the boot still wouldn't work!!

Finally, the only part left to replace was the button itself, Which I have just replaced and to my luck. Still absolutely nothing :mad::mad:

I'm beginning to lose my patience with this problem and I'm out of solutions on what to examine next.

Any help would greatly be appreciated! Just to note I don't have a multimeter. I know this would help immensely and I would be able to check for any power coming to the mechanism.

Thanks
Oliver
To diagnose any electrical problem a digital multi meter is an essential tool. There is no excuse not to have one, they are readily available on eBay for as little as £8 , from a UK source, or half that if you buy from China and don't mind waiting for a month for delivery.....