Bonnet replacement, easy?

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi
I wanted to know if some of you already replaced the bonnet on a K11. Because I've find a black K11 in a scrappy and the bonnet is in better nick than mine, who has been stone chipped to death just above the grill during highway trips.
Is it easy to remove and fit? I'm a bit worried if it needs to be adjusted precisely, do I need any special tools?

Thank you

I'd get a couple of people to help if possible, its a little tricky trying to undo / redo four bolts while holding the bonnet in the air. Apart from that would just need a little bit of jiggling to fine tune the fitment :)

Good advice, I will go with two friends after work. Do you know which screwdrivers or torx size I will not have to look tomorrow morning

Envoyé depuis mon MB860 avec Tapatalk

they,re 12mm bolts seb (m8 thread) but they have a locating shoulder so cant be adjusted, any adjustment has to be done on the other end of the hinges (under the wings) :)

they,re 12mm bolts seb (m8 thread) but they have a locating shoulder so cant be adjusted, any adjustment has to be done on the other end of the hinges (under the wings) :)

Interesting!... Handy to know that! Seems like an awkward place though? Is it the same for the F/Ls too? Easy to get to?

Back