joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
What does everyone reakon?:
Down:
Bonnetpinsdown.jpg

Or In:
BonnetPinsin.jpg

do them in, but the other way around so the pins have to been undo from the middle of the bonnet...makes it abit harder for people to undo a pin from the pavment if there gonna #### about with them lol

or is your having them down do the opsite way...because if you have them that way and the ring comes undone the pin will slide back ;) if its the other way the wind force will keep the pin in place..

Not sure, but i dont like those ones. Check out Nis's blog, there were some nice flush looking ones in there. Would suit the car so much better

i screwed mine up and drilled the holes too big..lol, hey ho, theyre still on and all it needs is a new bonnet and for me to start again....

mine go in...mainly because i figured it would cause less distortion to the bonnet / bracket once they were bolted on.

Fitted mine first time with no issues...though i spent far to long double checking lol...just put the post on first, then a bit of blue tac or something on top of that, close the bonnet till it touches and where it sticks cut a hole...then line up the bracket and youve got the three bolt hole locations. :)

Yer I plan to check 10 times drill once ;) I messed up fitting bonnet pins on my landrover so i wont make that mistake again :D

Well i'd rather start with these type and go to aero ones if i want cause i cant go the other way around lol

no offence or anythink like that and im not #####ing, but carnt you make a choice for yourself? the whole point to modding a car is to do it your way and you keep asking people how you should have your car. slowley but shurley your car is becomeing wot outher people want/think not your personal taste, try makeing this choice yourself a dont think you can bugga bonnet pins up to be honist

Yer whatever mate....:upside:
Just cause I ask peoples opinions doesn't mean I'm going to do exactly what they say does it?
Maybe I'm asking so I can do the opposite...don't go with the flow :p

i think you should just do them long ways, ive had both my sets fitted that way and no problem at all, i think if you put them up/down the bonnet they could open which wouldnt be good...there is a part on the bonnet which seems like its made for bonnet pins, if you unscrew the rubber parts from the panel theres a hole which the bottom part will fit and on the bonnet side a perfect circle that you can cut out neatly, easy said

They can't open mate as the round bit closes over the pin and it would have the pressure of the bonnet on it aswell.

I was going to use the holes just next to the rubber bits.

I know about aeropins nex but as i said earlier in the thread i will fit my sparco ones for now and see how it goes.

Back