"Boingy" Noise from Front Suspension

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hey all,

Something ive noticed with my Super S is that when I turn left (normally just after I have finished turning, when the wheels are straightening up and the weight shifting back) I get a boingy noise as if a big stone has been displaced by the edge of the tyre. :glance:

*Boing* :suspect:

Now, unless there has been a strategically placed stone every time ive turned hard left, I think theres something wrong with my shock absorber.

The service history does note "Both rear dampers leaking slightly" from a service done in 1994 :p. Dont think its related to that!

It sounds like its bottoming out or something, but at a time when it shouldnt be bottoming out. Doesnt happen in the dip of a bump i mean.

I have no idea what it could be. Havnt noticed it turning right. Happens mostly on bumpy or harsh turns. fwn

Thanks

get all your shocks changed to monro reflex shocks from proven products (liknk in my signature)

i can say you will be more than pleased with them

or may be a perrished spring seat rubber?

The spring could be slipping suddenly on the metal seat?

Attachments

• sping seat rubber 1.JPG
    sping seat rubber 1.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 253
  • sping seat rubber 2.JPG
    sping seat rubber 2.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 250
Well. I took the suspension unit thingy out and put it back in and the noise has stopped for now.

The foamy bump stop things are very worn, other bits didnt look too great but im sure it'll last.

Suspension needs changing for my alloys soon anyway.

common problem on the k10 my white one did this new shocks and steering rack sorted it although it wasnt necessary didnt cause any danger was just annoying lol

Back