BodyKit for 1999

L

littlemisspvc

I am having real difficulty finding any kind of body kit - or just parts of one - to fit my micra. I have a k11 1999 - everything seems geared for pre 1998.

I have been on here an while and have seen some suggestions, but nothing with enough detail to actually help me. I have also looked at all the links in the sticky and cant find anything appropriate unless I spend a fortune for a Jap import.

So,

What exactly will fit my car?

Its doesnt have to be a full kit - just anything that will fit my car. I'd like to look at bumpers, front especially first as these seem to be the hardest thing to get a hold of. But any info you have on front/back bumpers, side skirts and even splitters would be great.

Can I have some exact details with that, I have asked similar questions in the past as got the answer 'a corsa bumper will fit' - which model corsa? I bought a 'micra' bumper and that didnt fit!

I realise that some work may have to be done to anything that isnt made specifically for my car, but since I am not at all handy with fiberglass I will have to pay a garage to do this. So which fittings require the least work, and what kind of work would have to be done?

Does anyone have any pictures? That would be great as trying to visualise suggestions is sometmes quite hard.

I hope you can help.

Thanks

this could be made to fit(link below), all you need is to give it to a body shop, melton fibreglass for example. basically anyside skirts will fit/can be made to fit, and rear bumpers, again most things can fit/be made to fit.

http://www.micra.org.uk/t6814-impul-front-bumper.html

what colour is your car and do you have any pics...i could photoshop the bumper on if you like and demonstrate how it could be made to fit

i dont think you will find a post facelift kit in this contry as you say but most bumpers will fit, corsa saxo polo golf 106 etc etc etc just see what you like the look of

It's true, I've never seen a kit geared to the facelift models so you're looking at all custom which won't be cheap as the headlights go into the umper at the top.

There was a lovely yellow micra on ebay with a custom kit but you could contact Wilsonian for info on the kit he bought off ebay, think it was a saxo bumper, he isn't selling but may be able to point you in right direction.

Good luck

Hmmm, I have that bumper (Impul one) - when I took it to a body shop they said it wouldnt fit and when I asked on here you all said that unless I changed my bonnet and front wings it wouldnt fit. So its gathering dust in my mums loft. So, whats the crack with that? Will it fit or wont it? Very confused.

I have a typical metallic blue micra - common colour, but no pics as I lost them when my hard drive bust. Will get one for you though, and a photoshop pic would be great. Thanks.

yeah it will fit but you will have to take it to a decent garage, a bodyshop rather than your average mot joe garage.

where abouts do you live? i may be able to reccommend a garage or somone else may be able too

Well, as a bolt on with no mods then it's no but anything can fit any car with modification and cash!
Try another bodyshop, the one you went to might not be up to the challenge.

I am in South Shields. I took it to a bodyshop in Sunderland, Harrisons or something - my parents have always used him for paintwork and he does a great job at that.

Any recommendations are greatly recieved.

wilsonian bought a kit a while back... dont know who makes it maybe get in touch with him and he may redirect you...

try coach works body shop on simpson street in sunderland next to B&Q:) they are very good.

there are plenty of kits for the face lift models, just like you said in japan.

any micra side skirts and rear bumper will fit any model k11 pre/post face lift as they are all the same iirc only the fronts are different.

try postert, ms etc

the bumper you have will not bolt straight on but can be made to fit by changing the front end or fibre glassing it to fit the lights wings (body shop comes in here as said. :))

Thanks guys.

Bit peeved you didnt tell me that before about the front bumper, but nevermind. Now I am armed with info and a recommended garage to try. Fab :)

If theres any more info dont hesititate to tell me.

the back bumper and side skirts will fit from any age k11 even other cars.

there are front ones out there but they are usually from japan... i'd personally de facelift it but then thats just me.

pick a kit you like and then either get it custom made or custom modded to fit.

either way when your thinking of body styling make sure you have a large budget....

for example an NME carbon fiber wide arch kit plus wide track kit to bring out the wheels and pro fitting job will set you back £4500 !!! just for wide arches...

i'd mod the stock ones, cut bits out, add mesh splitters etc. any splitter can be made to fit so pick one you like. my body kit is modded super s bumpers and drain pipe side skirts lol :)

sorry, am such a spaz. i want the kit on the pink one at the bottom although clearly, not in pink. which would suck

I have always liked that last one but again it is pre 98 and I cant afford that kit then the cost of adjustmenst to it :-/

the last one will fit on either face lift or pre as far as i know. and its a micra kit, so just be bolty bolty! guess what ian is buying me for christmas!!!

nothing :(

Layla said:
the last one will fit on either face lift or pre as far as i know. and its a micra kit, so just be bolty bolty! guess what ian is buying me for christmas!!!

nothing :(

lol,

that second link is soooo ugly imo :)

spoiler under the back window looks ar$e, but i like the rest of it!

however, could buy a new car with the pennies they be wanting!

try www.batcars.co.uk in cumbria there good at doing kits. dont think they ever done a micra before. if you want an off the self kit saxo kits fit best so am told

Back