Body Work - Rust & Spray

T

Tesla

On the old K10 Micra it has one or two rust spots and along the edge of the drivers door the paint has come away and its starting to rust.

Rust repair?

Is it a case of removing all the rusted material. Cleaning the metal, Priming, painting?

I'm ok with a spray can. I can get a nice even finish.

I've never sprayed bits though. Will it blend in at all? Or at least very well?

I don't want the rust spreading so please advise. :)

Also, apparently I have hit something (i'm convinced i didnt so must of been Mum) so there is some white scratch marks on the side of the wheel arch. These seem to scratch off though with a lot of hard work. Anything I can use to take this paint off only?

Cheers,

Chris

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
You can probably polish the white out, the rust must be seen to asap. You will need to grind this all back until there it is all shiny, then rust proof it with a suitable paint. Getting the colour to blend in will be a challenge, you may beable to cut them in using T cut or similar. Expext alot of hard work!

Ed

OP
OP
T

Tesla

The white is all gone now. Carefully used some fine wire wool and then t-cut thoroughly and looks as good as new.

I am intending on getting a mondeo ghia x and mums getting a focus so i dont think the k10 will be used for much longer anyway so probably not worth sorting the small rust spot.