Blown 3 starter motors in 18 months

Any ideas ? Ive blown 3 starter motors in 18 months, all replaced and the battery twice.

Problem starting the engine, turn the key and I hear a whining noise, turn it several times more and the car starts then this morning turned the key and got a growling noise, engine wouldnt start. Dash board on the final turn of the key goes blank, lights stay on.

I was told that;

1st one - Car hadnt been used that often - So it was old and rusty
2nd one - Just unlucky (told to change the ignition as well by the RAC, but mach said no, no need)
3rd one - Todays, havent seen the garage yet.

2nd and third were brand new - Battery also failed on the 2nd one which was brand new too.

Someone must know and save me from Nissan hell !!

Is the whining noise possibly the starter motor spinning without engaging? If so you have a serious short somewhere, if you don't feel confident to diagnose it find a trusted auto sparky. Got to be cheaper than three starter motors.

This is the problem;

'There is a known fault with this vehicle this starter motor is fitted in resulting in excessive cranking of the starter motor due to poor vehicle starting.

A faulty crankshaft sensor (CKP) can cause engine misfire or hesitation to start.

Excessive cranking in an attempt to start the vehicle results in the starter motor burning out and in some instances can also result in the nose cone breaking (as with mine)

It is recommended that he flywheel is checked and cleaned along with the housing and the CKP be replaced.'

EOBD - European On Board Diagnostics. After 2000 every car sold in Europe had a 16 pin diagnostic socket, this socket is a universal fitment so that any code reader can give you fault codes. The reason I ask the question is a) a faulty crank sensor should give an error code and possibly an EML b) if you have neither how did they arrive at their diagnosis? "Known fault" did they ask about the whining noise?

EOBD - European On Board Diagnostics. After 2000 every car sold in Europe had a 16 pin diagnostic socket, this socket is a universal fitment so that any code reader can give you fault codes. The reason I ask the question is a) a faulty crank sensor should give an error code and possibly an EML b) if you have neither how did they arrive at their diagnosis? "Known fault" did they ask about the whining noise?
The fault paper work came from the suppliers and the starter motor had been smashed like the paper work said, I try and get hold of a Code reader and check it out.