Blowers - not blowing

Hope someone can suggest possible solutions to my micra problem, the blowers are not working, i've tried replacing the fuse but still no action, are there any other simple things that i can try before taking it to a garage??
Thanks in advance.:k12red:

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
if aint the fuse then... two things:

blower motor

OR/AND

blower motor resistor

quite easy to do with a Haynes Manual

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
*sorry I meant money on the fan not resistor...

taken from a previous post on MSC:

"The heater fan probably needs replacing, it is a dealer item and is not cheap, but it is easy to change. Situated above n/s footwell, remove 3 bolts and the wiring plug exchange the unit and refit, you may need a new heater resistor located next to the blower and 1 bolt to change. Can be done in minutes."

heater fan = blower motor

Well Claire I think its safe to say that no air being blown is the motor rather than the resistor. However, when you do replace the motor and there is no hot air on max. etc. then it is probably the resistor as well.

Make sure you disconnect the battery negative before you go about it.

Sorry I cant be much more help.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
where are you located in cambridgeshire, im located in between huntingdon and peterborough, if you need help fixing it

So if the blower works on max, but not the lower settings, is this a rotary switch or motor/resistor problem- Haynes isn't clear on this?

S

stargate

My daughters car has the problem of blower only working on 4. Nothing on 1,2 &3. The gereral opinion here seems to be that it is the resistor. Please excuse my ignorence, but is the resistor or resistor card the same thing. I'm going to the breakers in Cambridge for some bits for the car and would like some clarification as to what I may need. Ebay is showing a resistor, but the link Glenn gave seems shows a different component. Appreciate any help.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
My daughters car has the problem of blower only working on 4. Nothing on 1,2 &3. The gereral opinion here seems to be that it is the resistor. Please excuse my ignorence, but is the resistor or resistor card the same thing.

Im not sure, but its definitly the resistor card you are after. Do a search on the MSC for this, its been mentioned so many times! Bound to find out some more information on the problem.