Blower

Right, before anyone starts shouting at me to 'use the search function' I already have but this is slightly different. Every search I have checked regarding heater card is because the blower has only worked on position 4. Mine is working only on positions 3 and 4. Is it still likely its the card? I have had it out and although it was filthy there was no rust so i just cleaned it up and replaced it but its just the same. Ideas please? Didn't take long for me to start did it?? ;)

Use the bloody search.... Sorry had to do it :)

Have you checked your pollen filter? Could just be a case of position 1&2 do work but you can't tell cause of a blocked filter

Use the bloody search.... Sorry had to do it :)

Have you checked your pollen filter? Could just be a case of position 1&2 do work but you can't tell cause of a blocked filter
Thanks karl, no I haven't but I will :). Now then, search for pollen filter :rolleyes:

Ok, its official. Removing the pollen filter in a k11 is the worst, most awkward, stupidest job in the world and after an hour of wrestling with it I've sacked it with a face like a smacked arse :( Now where did I park that k10? :(

Ok, its official. Removing the pollen filter in a k11 is the worst, most awkward, stupidest job in the world and after an hour of wrestling with it I've sacked it with a face like a smacked arse :( Now where did I park that k10? :(

I've only ever done it with the dash out mate but can you get to the bolt/screws the hold the plastic unit the filters in out? might give you some more room to play with maybe?

I've only ever done it with the dash out mate but can you get to the bolt/screws the hold the plastic unit the filters in out? might give you some more room to play with maybe?
Got glove box off, took 2 screws/bolts out of filter housing and that was it, couldn't get any further. Nearly killed myself just getting glovebox lid off! I am 6'3" and wrong side of 15st though :rolleyes:

Got glove box off, took 2 screws/bolts out of filter housing and that was it, couldn't get any further. Nearly killed myself just getting glovebox lid off! I am 6'3" and wrong side of 15st though :rolleyes:

lol Im with you on the height issue 6ft 2 working in a micra witha cage is no fun either! ;) You should only have the one screw to take out & a little metal clip to be able to slide the filter out mate

images

Ok, so having made a cut behind the glovebox I was able to then remove pollen filter and lo and behold it was full of all sorts of crap so I thought happy days, that'll be it. Tried the blower without the pollen filter in at all and same result, only working on 3 & 4. :( cleaned filter and replaced. Now what? :(

Ok, so having made a cut behind the glovebox I was able to then remove pollen filter and lo and behold it was full of all sorts of crap so I thought happy days, that'll be it. Tried the blower without the pollen filter in at all and same result, only working on 3 & 4. :( cleaned filter and replaced. Now what? :(

Id put money on the blower card then mate to be honest, i had one that worked on 1,3 & 4 only

Id put money on the blower card then mate to be honest, i had one that worked on 1,3 & 4 only
Thanks again skinner, :D Reason I thought it may have been different is because all the threads I have searched on here regarding heater card problems have all said that it only worked on no.4 Simple fix if I can find one then :)

Update time. Blower now works on all 4 speeds :D Went to local scrappers, they had 4 micras breaking, 3 had heater cards, 2 were crap so I was lucky and got the decent one :D

Mine only works on 4 too, anyone got an idea how I get the heater card out. I've taking the fascia plates and some of the wires but I couldn't manage to get the steel cables to come out there housing.

Anyone got an idea of a price for a scrap one from a breakers?

Back