Blow off valves

Snikty

Site Supporter
I recall it being said that you need to use a certain type for the ST.

I am thinking of going with something like a greddy rz with a recirculated setup, would that work or no??

think as long as it piston type ....i use a blitz super sound bov piston type just up from my front mount inter cooler and its perfect but mine is adjustable as well..

You need a twin piston type other wise it upset the airflow meter and lets boost out, I find the car drives better with out a blow off valve with the larger turbo

You need a twin piston type other wise it upset the airflow meter and lets boost out, I find the car drives better with out a blow off valve with the larger turbo

Excellent, my next question was goingto be, "is this just going to be a 'Look at me I have a turbo' mod?". I will assume the answer to that is yes lol :wasntme:

I do like the sound of a nice flutter but ultimately I just care about how it drives. I will reconsider it later when I've done more important things.

Almost all turbo cars have recirc dump valves as stock. There is a reason for that ;). BTW any type of recirc one will work, as the air is never lost. :)

Almost all turbo cars have recirc dump valves as stock. There is a reason for that ;). BTW any type of recirc one will work, as the air is never lost. :)

would be nice to have an aftermarket recirculating one in there as you would get some noise as I have no resonator box or airbox so you would get a quiet "whooos my cars a turbo" noise lol

Excellent, thanks for that mate.

would be nice to have an aftermarket recirculating one in there as you would get some noise as I have no resonator box or airbox so you would get a quiet "whooos my cars a turbo" noise lol

Hehe yeah I agree, I dont want to be 'one of those guys' but a subtle flutter on the ST would sound so nice that I think I'm going to have to do it lol. Also, intercooler is next thing to be done so I will be doing it then if I'm doing it at all.

blow off

i no i might be getting rid of my st but i would still like to hear a blow off valve on my car, i remember when baz used to have his one i taught it was cool

dude the flutter sound of the ST setup with a front mount is AWESOME! bov shmov it doesn't have one from factory so get a FMIC and a pod on there and watch the smiles on peoples faces

dude the flutter sound of the ST setup with a front mount is AWESOME! bov shmov it doesn't have one from factory so get a FMIC and a pod on there and watch the smiles on peoples faces

or watch people laughing because they don't know what it is:laugh:

Sweet. Except I won't ever have an open pod on this car...after those dust storms we had last week it just reinforced to me how much we should be using a full air box in this stupid hot dry country lol

Back