Bleeding brakes

Little question..

As all my brake pads arrivedi decided to get some fluid through the lines today. I bled them all starting furthest away from the servo and working forward. after this i pumped the pedal to feel it stiffen and build pressure. But when i started the engine the pedal just dropped to the floor! I can see theres a vac pipe from the servo. Do i need to bleed with it running?

Sorry i would normally keep at it until i sorted it myself, but when braking is concerned i think its best to seek advice :confused:

Cheers!

there must be air in the system still tango :eek: and i doubt it will make any difference running or not, have you used a pipe and jar from the nipples ?

its brake basics.....usualy helps to have somone to help you out

if you have totaly draind the fluid, when bleeding the whole system you work form the front right to the rear left to the front left to the rear right iirc:glare: i'll need to doubble chek on that one but if you have just changed the pads/calipers ect ect you bleed the right then the left.

you dont run the engine as you will not be able to build up the pressure in the lines, when bleeding the lines (this is where your helper comes in :p) pump the pedal 7 times and on the 7th pump they hold the pedal down then you bleed the nipple and you do this till there is no air. you repet this till all air is gone from the lines

then take it for a little slow drive testing the brakes, if you carnt get help doing the bleeding i just pump the pedal and on the 7th i jam the jack handle between the pedal and seat ;)

hope this helps

ah see i was tightening the nipple up as a friend slowly compressed the brake. ok give it another crack tomoro thanks guys(Y)!

Back