beware or ultra rubbish product!

100410184740.jpg

worst €14.99 of my life! its back to good old auto glym high definition wax after that, i'l never doubht it again...
the turtle wax finish is average at best, sticky to rub on and an all our ordeal to get off even with a big microfiber cloth, its just awful, dont use it!
heres the pics of the results on my micra after around 90mins (far too long for a wax job) the lighting isint too favourable, sorry...

100410184706.jpg

100410184633.jpg

100410184602.jpg

100410184540.jpg

100410184524.jpg

100410184513.jpg

100410184443.jpg

i suppose i should have know better the name 'polishing wax' is a contradiction in itself lol

Do you even know how to do it correctly? I use this and so does the body shop at work and the cars come out fine. You don't use a microfibre cloth and it should only be done a pannel at a time, as soon as it's been put on you take it off with a different cloth and should never be done in sunlight or when it's hot or the wax just bakes on and it's a nightmare to take off if this happens you use a damp cloth to wet the wax then take it off with a dry one

Do you even know how to do it correctly?
yeah, i read the vague instructions... i worked previously as a valeter in 2 different garages and just yesterday landed a new job (finally) as a valeter in a local garage so i use a lot of different polishes and waxes.

I use this and so does the body shop at work and the cars come out fine. You don't use a microfibre cloth and it should only be done a pannel at a time, as soon as it's been put on you take it off with a different cloth and should never be done in sunlight or when it's hot or the wax just bakes on and it's a nightmare to take off if this happens you use a damp cloth to wet the wax then take it off with a dry one

i did each face of the car indivdually at a time, and at 6pm on a cloudy evening so it wasnt drying too quick and cacking up, its just thick and sticky by nature. and a microfiber (imo) in nearly every sitiuation has a better cleaning ability than a regular cloth

the car looks shiney especially in the first pic its harder for lighter colors to gleam up ??? i dont know
and seein as wax is or should give a very very thin protactive layer (or does it??) that dont look bad at all
what would have happened if you used very little wax at a time - not that i have used that prod but £15.00 sounds like it should do wat it says on the tin and it does look shiny in the pics unless the cameras messed bout
good to hear about the job too!!

Looks fine I wouldn't complain about those results hey just this time last month it was monsoon season lol

If the wax is like you say use a fairly dam cloth to apply it then to thin it out a little but mine is dine an not thick and stickey?

the instructions specifically said the car had to be perfectly dry, so water/ damp cloth wasn't an option for application. i usually use auto glyms high definition wax which is closer to €60 a shot and you can apply that while the car is still wet and it leaves an amazing finish and water beading for months on end... but i downsized to this as i am broke lol...

i was chatting to a guy on mg-rover.org who uses the liquid form of that wax and has no problems either, so maybe it just needs a little getting used to, i wouldnt mind the effort if the wax performed well. so only time will tell, have to wait and see how long it beads water for :D

and yeah cheers R-REG-SR i have to mention it again lol! got a job! wwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooopppp! was delighted, they had a polish guy working there but he went back home to poland so good news for me! and you can actually see the garage from my house so commuting costs are minimal ;)

Back