Best way to take out the Micra K10 tape player.

Without breaking it! I want to replace it with my cd player but I don't want to break the tape player lol. Anyone able to help me?

Thanks.

Ps I should be getting her in morning.

hammer :laugh: just kidding. i never took mine out as it was already out i made my own brackets as well so it cant be removed without my brain present :p i think tho if there like most nissans you will have to take the surround off and you will be faced with 4 bolt/screws i could be wrong tho.

There's a thread on here from not too long back asking the same thing.... if I remember rightly you need to take out the ashtray and there's a couple of retaining screws take them out and that should be it

There is one retaining screw underneath it that you can get to when you take the ashtray fully out, give it a bit of a pull and lift it slightly to get it out. Once that's done it pretty much slides out. Just disconnect the wires from the back of it. You can remove the control knobs off the front and get the faceplate if you want to modify this and refit it around the new CD player.

You'll need to fit the new housing jacket for the bigger CD player that it comes with and you will prob need a wiring harness and depending how many speakers you are using, you may need to wire some new wires into the harness as most K10s only run one crappy speaker. Look in the audio/electronics forum section and do a bit of a search if you need wiring colours to help.

Open ash-tray fully, tilt it down and pull it out of it's guides. One screw holds on the ash-tray guide/slider plate, remove it, remove ash-tray plate. Behind the plate are two more screws, un-screw these and gently push the radio forward, unplug everything and then pull the radio out the rest of the way.
Then just screw the ash-tray plate back on and push the ash-tray back into it's guides (tilt down as before to get it in the guides), close it and there you go.

Back