Best Tyre for Grip

Hi,

Just wondering whats peoples tyre recommendations are? Looking for something more grippy in the wet.

185/55/R14 required.

Seen that Toyo Proxes CF2 are pretty good, but are rare in this size. There's loads of them on eBay that are 185/60/R14 but not the size I need.

Also, recommended tyre in 165/60/R14 size?

Thanks.

I ran CF1's which I really like, now have these Goodyears which don't look as sporty. but they're quieter and more comfortable. Hard for me to comment on dry grip compared the the CF1's though as I've not been driving much lately. Mine were nearer £50 each, but they had been on rims and pulled off when they arrived, still new tyres but not brand spanking new.

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalo...p-performance/185/55/R14/H/80/f?tyre=32930666

Oh okay, might see if I can get my hands on some CF2's then as they're the update to the CF1. Hopefully can get them for around £15 part worn - my tyre guy seems to have a habit of giving me premium tyre brands with around 6mm+ of tread for £15 because they're 'part worn', "okay I won't say no to that mate!" lol

Back