Best Tyre Choice

Hello,

Whats the best tyre choice for the micra, looking mine has 195/45 R16 80Vs on, but they looking abit worn. Whats best to get, I'm a fan of Lassa tyres really but they dont produce them in this size.

Theres Toyo, Kumho, Nankang, lots to choose from but I know nothing about tyres.

Anyone help

Thanks

Paul

isn't 205/45/16 almost an exact match for the rolling radius of the standard 185/50/16 and there seems to be alot more available tyres in that size. Or is 205 too wide for the 6j rim?

Daniel

I WILL be back...
isn't 205/45/16 almost an exact match for the rolling radius of the standard 185/50/16 and there seems to be alot more available tyres in that size. Or is 205 too wide for the 6j rim?

I would have thought that running 205/45/R16 is going to be far too wide for a 6J rim, even after running 195s. My Calibre Dubs had a 7.5J rim with 195/45/R15 tyres - and they had 1 inch of stretch

I would have thought that running 205/45/R16 is going to be far too wide for a 6J rim, even after running 195s. My Calibre Dubs had a 7.5J rim with 195/45/R15 tyres - and they had 1 inch of stretch

You've lost me a bit, are you're saying 195 was a bit on the wide side for even a 7.5j rim or that the tyre was an inch too narrow for the ideal and therefore a little on the wide side for a 6j.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
You've lost me a bit, are you're saying 195 was a bit on the wide side for even a 7.5j rim or that the tyre was an inch too narrow for the ideal and therefore a little on the wide side for a 6j.

That the tyre was too narrow for the 7.5J rim (I think it might have even been an 8J rim, I'm not entirely sure). But as the 195s were stretched about 1 inch on a 7.5J rim, 200 or 205 tyres would have been more ideal - I think 205 or even 210/215 would have had no stretch at all, even on an 8J rim. So if you were to fit 205s, the tyre would be way too wide for the narrow 6J rim

Edit - just looked at a site with the correct tyre sizes for each different rim size, and it seems as though you can fit 205s to 6J rims. But I would still think they'd be way too big

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
My T1-R look like they're going to reach about 18,000 by the time they get to 2.5mm of tread left. Not brill but I never even knew tyres could grip in the wet 'til I started buying these. They're very smooth as well - no steering wheel buzz :).

I was thinking that they would offer some much needed protection to the flat face and easily scratched 160sr wheels. My cousins are tyre fitters so when the time comes I'll be going to speak to them, though I fancy some black Rota Grids, I'd like to stick to 16" but they are 7j

Guy

Club Member
The T1-Rs have a huge alloy protection band. Be hard to kerb them with Proxes on :).

Edit: Had to mention - I have no affiliation with Toyo tyres, I just don't think they can be touched for the price :D.

Guy

Club Member
One thing all Micras are known for is Nissan's choice of wacky standard sized tyres :laugh:.

Guy

Club Member
Good choice (Y).

T1-R.jpg

OP
OP
P
Update:

Got some Toyo T1Rs and I'm extremely impressed, hasnt put a foot wrong yet. No understeer or aquaplaining what so ever. Just about hurts your neck when cornering.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone extremly pleased.

Cheers