best oil?

Right guys....iv done all the servicing bar oil and oil filter (sometimes skint tells you to wait) and now that im going to do it im a bit confused as to which is the better oil....Castrol magnatec or Castrol Edge. Edge claims a stronger film strength and a few other things....While Magnatec claims its magnetic particle stick to engine when cold malarky. So which is the best for a k11 micra would you say?. I know mobil one is probably better than both but id expect that to be considerably dearer. Just want your opinions. Thanks. Also both oils claim state 6 months per change. That sounds a bit tight I always changed once per year with my other cars?

My fitter uses quadrant which is vee dub oil apparently, seems fine. Not sure of the viscosity 10/40 I think, but I change my oil every 5k, always have and that seems to work fine.
Magnatec ....erm.... over rated I believe and stupidly expensive, and waterier than piddle

Thinking ill go with the edge rather than magnatec. From what I read around the web it seems to be better. Though please correct me if im wrong.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I use a mix of 2 oils :)
5w50 mobil 1 motor sport oil and 5w30 castrol magnetec :) just gives my engine the full spectrum

frank

Club Member
i use chipfat sae 30 lawn mower oil, because viscosity modifiers break down under duress
and you,re only ever gonna get "opinions" marc :)

PA300256.JPG

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
I run Vauxhall own brand 10w/40 semi synth.

Nice and cheap and goes in the road cars as well, 20ltrs for just over £50 delivered - [HASHTAG]#ideal[/HASHTAG]

Rally car oil does get changed after each event though.

Haaaaa, my mate owns a chip shop and i use his used oil,.tell ya what, no holds barred on performance, car goes like a rocket!!! But only problem is you can smell me coming, fish and chip ship on wheels but it lubricates the turbo well!!

Oh and good for the environment as im using used oils aka regenerating ....

If anyone wants 5 ltrs let us know ....

J

Haaaaa, my mate owns a chip shop and i use his used oil,.tell ya what, no holds barred on performance, car goes like a rocket!!! But only problem is you can smell me coming, fish and chip ship on wheels but it lubricates the turbo well!!

Oh and good for the environment as im using used oils aka regenerating ....

If anyone wants 5 ltrs let us know ....

J
Does it come with the fish and chips as well ?

Thanks guys. Ive decided im going to go with the used chip shop oil for the engine. For both performance and eco reasons. Ill let yous know how it goes.

thats it me ole` mucker, you know it makes sence,i reckon its 0w 0 viscosity, extra virgin oil mixed and will smell better and taste good also!!!

J