Best lives for rev clock

Just wondering where the best LIVE places to wire up to would be for an aftermarket tacho. Backlight and power. Already know where the signal and 2 grounds go.
Thanks

Your main live should go to the main ignition wire at the key barrel, so the gauge powers on when you switch on the ignition. The backlight feed should go to the wire at the headlight switch that turns on with the sidelights, so when you switch them on, the gauge will light up along with the main cluster. Same principle for most cars really.

I wouldn't go stright to the ignition barrel, you want something that's a switched live on the fuse panel, and find a lightish circuit to tap into, like a 5 amp, or add your own fuse and come off a bigger fuse..

I wouldn't go stright to the ignition barrel, you want something that's a switched live on the fuse panel, and find a lightish circuit to tap into, like a 5 amp, or add your own fuse and come off a bigger fuse..
That is a better idea, yes, although I've never had any problems going straight off the ignition feed. An inline fuse holder could always be added for extra safety.