Best K11 Sound System?

Hey Guys, first time posting. I have had my K11 Pre-Face for about 6 months now. Bought it as my first car and I love it! It's a 97' with only 32,000 miles! Anyway, there are problems with two of my speakers. One being the front left speaker and one being the left boot shelf speaker. I want to upgrade the speakers anyway, any suggestions on high quality speakers?

This sounds a bit of a dull answer but I went through the same thinking exercise myself last Summer and was amazed to find that without spending big money, the standard speakers were disappointingly good! I spent a good while looking for something better and as I say without spending £250+ then there really wasn't much .... look nice but no significant sound improvement.

So dull as it sounds getting a decent set of replacements might be the way to go unless you got a sizable budget. then of course it's a different game. I bought a replacement shelf with standard speaker (our base model had no speakers) for £35 ... expected very little, was amazed to find they performed a treat.

On the head unit, again I sent an age looking and reading and could see lots of stuff that had millions of colours, lots of options to add sub woofers etc but struggled find anything to beat the Kenwood KDC-BT720DAB CD MP3 USB Bluetooth Car Stereo iPod iPhone & DAB+ Aerial.

https://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/rec/dab/KDC-BT720DAB/

Last year they listed at £199 ish at Halfords and the like but was a company selling refurbed one's for £99 on ebay .... offered £90 and they said ok. Strangely cheapest on there right now is £114 but a bit of watching etc. Not a one off seller but had loads of same unit for sale and 100% feedback. Absolute gift .... it can run Spotify, Amazon Music, Audible, mobile phone over-ride, USB, bluetooth, the whole 9 yards and a breeze to install and setup and use.

Simply tweeters and a subwoofer, you'll be surprised
Stereo wise I always recommend jvc the prices have came down on their newer suits and found to be really good with lots of options and setup ,while still be cd,aux, usb, iPod ,Android , dab, ect
I've looked and tried other speakers and best I've found were old jvc speakers and sony xplod ones both discontinued haha ,
Most of the common speakers are kinda crap
Also look at rms of the speaker not mqx watts , you'll be looking at a max realistic of 45rms unless running a amp

Simply tweeters and a subwoofer, you'll be surprised
Stereo wise I always recommend jvc the prices have came down on their newer suits and found to be really good with lots of options and setup ,while still be cd,aux, usb, iPod ,Android , dab, ect
I've looked and tried other speakers and best I've found were old jvc speakers and sony xplod ones both discontinued haha ,
Most of the common speakers are kinda crap
Also look at rms of the speaker not mqx watts , you'll be looking at a max realistic of 45rms unless running a amp
Agree that .... yes find a set of the A pillar mounted speakers .... cheap and easy to fit.

Cheap way for a good sound system
Sub and amp, rear speakers and tweeters and a fairly new jvc stereo like the JVC Kd-r451, which has good audio set up controls and sub controls, same goes for newer models
Older stereos have limited set up and can be bland and lack bass

Cheap way for a good sound system
Sub and amp, rear speakers and tweeters and a fairly new jvc stereo like the JVC Kd-r451, which has good audio set up controls and sub controls, same goes for newer models
Older stereos have limited set up and can be bland and lack bass

Where did you fit your sub and amp Nissanboy? Am tempted to have a play with this if budget allows. Don't strictly need but if an easy fit....

Passanger side of the boot, ran the cables along the loom and thought the trim it in the A pillar along the inner wing with the loom to the battery
Th he amp is normally behind the sub, I'll get some pics of two of my setups, or can get a all in one unit

Passanger side of the boot, ran the cables along the loom and thought the trim it in the A pillar along the inner wing with the loom to the battery
Th he amp is normally behind the sub, I'll get some pics of two of my setups, or can get a all in one unit
.... two of your set ups???? :) ..... yeah would be interesting to see those if they are cheap and easy to do. Have always steered clear of that stuff. I don't really use car ICE but wife could benefit from Radio 4 with a sub! :) Cheers

Set no.1
20 year old sony amp and 250 rms sub
Jvc kd-r451head unit and eBay 1500w amp kit (it's not 1500w but a good kit)
Stock speakers , tweeters and shelf , it's bassy and loud
IMG_20190224_163422_hdr.jpg
IMG_20190224_163435_hdr.jpg
IMG_20190224_163456_hdr.jpg
IMG_20190224_163522_hdr.jpg

Set up 2
Jvc kd-r95bt
Vibe 1000w cables,
Stock speakers and tweeters
Auna twin 10inch subs 300rms off a 250amp (need a replacing but it's got more adjustment over most I've looked at )
Both jvc stereos have full audio and sub adjustments and control , bass boost,
I'm running morning gain on the amp and about 50% bass
IMG_20190224_163615_hdr.jpg
IMG_20190224_163640_hdr.jpg
IMG_20190224_163712_hdr.jpg

And I had this one in the green micra as Well
They are a 1200w all in one fli setup, with jvc stereos show it and all the subs can shake the car well haha
But the fli are bulky
Set up 2, is my main setup I use ,setup 1 is work in progress like the rest of the car lol
IMG_20190125_193907.jpg

Set no.1
20 year old sony amp and 250 rms sub
Jvc kd-r451head unit and eBay 1500w amp kit (it's not 1500w but a good kit)
Stock speakers , tweeters and shelf , it's bassy and loud View attachment 62620View attachment 62621View attachment 62622View attachment 62623
Very cool ..... just curious as to how much these things cost to setup roughly?

Boot on mine is pretty full so would take some jigging to make a reality but definitely interesting.

You planning fit these to all 14???? :)

Set up 1 the sub amp and a different box cost £15
The box it's got now costed £40 plus two fli subs and amps
The loom coated £9 of eBay
Also fli to a all in one Set up the same , you can pick them up used sub £50 if that ,
And still get.nearly 3/4s of the boot left

Set up two cost £20 for the look and the sub and amp were free from a job, but they the sub is around £100 , the amp probs like £50 of that
Tbh I can still get a lot of shopping in and more if I got rid of the cds and tools ha

The fli in the last one cost £20 new (marketplace lucky find ) But takes.half of the boot lol

Just bumblebee ,celebration and the panda lol got to play those eurobeats ;)