BELOVED K11 AFTER 19 YEARS TOGETHER FAILED MOT - WELDING BIG TIME

My trusted workhorse K11 red Micra shape 1996, 16v, failed it's MOT on big time welding underneath at rear. Local garages not interested in doing it said 2 days to weld. Mechanically sound runs like a Rolls Royce so smooth, never lets me down, used every day until this past week. Scorpion alarm. Passes emissions every year, has same exhaust on from new - 23 years old! In last year has had new tyres, battery, windscreen, starter motor, ignition switch, brakes. I really don't want to part with it after 19 years, thought about just keeping it on drive and growing flowers in it as I love it so much, but I am being sentimental. So if there is anyone out there in Birmingham area who could help or advise me or make me an offer please do, he needs a good home.

how much do they want to fix it?

I feel you on the "keep it as a flowerbox" front, I don't know what I'm going to do when mine fails it's last MOT. I have it in my head that I want to drive this car until it doesn't drive any further, but I want a spectacular end like the engine blowing up and leaving bits of crankcase for 300 meters down the A1 or it catching fire and taking a couple trees with it, not just paperwork

Similar thing happened to me two MOTs ago. Garage told me to scrap the car.

Took it to another garage who welded, undersealed and passed it. Its been running for 2 years since.

Get a few different oppinions - also look up independant locals welders - you dont need a pretty job..

Similar thing happened to me two MOTs ago. Garage told me to scrap the car.

Took it to another garage who welded, undersealed and passed it. Its been running for 2 years since.

Get a few different oppinions - also look up independant locals welders - you dont need a pretty job..

Always get three quotes for repairs & Mot welding.

Ask the mechanics about any local welders that can do a good job to MOT standard privately, this is usually much cheaper due to less overhead costs.

Also search social media likewise.

Due diligence & as always, DYOR pays off every time. :)

Back