• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

bellys p11

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
i was looking through auto trader and found this for £200 went and took a look looked alright so went for it
got it recovered to work today
20140129_1539150_zpsbihsqqk5.jpg

temporary_zps682efa3e.jpg

temporary_zps83b6a962.jpg

temporary_zps5652714f.jpg

Messenger_5834397560879235248_13910287765226282_zpsabf44e21.jpg
93872dcb-30a7-4315-bb92-c5834d783546_zps38184686.jpg

best get started on this list :) will keep this updated

OP
OP
Belly93

Belly93

Headlight ordered from local motorfactors, should be here tomorrow new drivers sill panel ordered read abs with diagnostics came back as front right speed sensor open/short circuit​

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Headlight ordered from local motorfactors, should be here tomorrow new drivers sill panel ordered read abs with diagnostics came back as front right speed sensor open/short circuit​
Will be a hall effect sensor, unlikely but not impossible its failed, I'd check for broken/loose wiring first. Check for voltage fluctuations when you spin the hub (with disc in place) or pull the sensor away and wave something ferrous like a small bolt in front of it :)

OP
OP
Belly93

Belly93

Ill priice. A sensor if its cheap ill just buy one :) trade discount and what not, thank andy :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Ill priice. A sensor if its cheap ill just buy one :) trade discount and what not, thank andy :)
Remember that breaks in the wiring can be in the loom not just in the sensor, diagnosis with a multimeter is ALWAYS the best route to take first :)

OP
OP
Belly93

Belly93

20140131_171837_zpstfbyszro.jpg

new headlight fitted now,
20140131_171849_zpsb1kkp9ov.jpg

interior shot
20140131_171855_zpsjkj7uazj.jpg

drivers seat could do with a repair might see if i can find a replacement
20140131_171907_zpsq3p7nts6.jpg

part of the mot failure
20140131_184056_zpsvrbidhlm.jpg

looked at it from the outside of the wheel arch and the bit in middle was rotten too so out it came,
20140131_193011_zpspzflpmo4.jpg

i attempted to weld it back in looks **** but it holds so not too bothered lol

bonus piccy
20140131_171816_zpszs03cx5d.jpg

OP
OP
Belly93

Belly93

how does that work for the abs sensor as it only has 2 wires and my multimeter papers say not to test continuity while passing current

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
how does that work for the abs sensor as it only has 2 wires and my multimeter papers say not to test continuity while passing current
You're testing voltage. It probably earths through the mounting point so you have only a supply and signal wire...
Only thing REALLY to watch out for is that you don't try measure the voltage in current mode, as you'll short through the meter and cook it :) I've seen a multimeter that was shorted accross a 240v supply. It exploded. The bloke went to hospital with burns...

OP
OP
Belly93

Belly93

1.6? Is it the GA engine ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
yeah it is scott,
You're testing voltage. It probably earths through the mounting point so you have only a supply and signal wire...
Only thing REALLY to watch out for is that you don't try measure the voltage in current mode, as you'll short through the meter and cook it :) I've seen a multimeter that was shorted accross a 240v supply. It exploded. The bloke went to hospital with burns...
and cheers andy ill take another look :)

OP
OP
Belly93

Belly93

im not assed painting it in the morning lad :) need to weld a patch on the oustide next
dude what you doing with the mera gti seats?

there going in my micra, but me dad bought another one for himself, ill ask him what hes doin with his in the morning

Nice man, I feel your pain with the rust, it's exactly where mine had gone although a lot worse than yours.

Check around the rear seat belt bolts, as there rotted on mine as well

the inner sill, the sills themselves and the chassis legs would be another place to check as well. I am only showing you photos and giving you pointers as this is what has gone on mine.

BUT - a worthy upgrade to a Micra, once fixed, and you start doing bits to them, it will be a really good car :) and they look really good in silver too. I had a 1.0 k11 white 3dr before this :) Here is a photo of mine (and mine was originally an SRi, so same bumpers and interior as yours :) )

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Nice man, I feel your pain with the rust, it's exactly where mine had gone although a lot worse than yours.

Check around the rear seat belt bolts, as there rotted on mine as well

the inner sill, the sills themselves and the chassis legs would be another place to check as well. I am only showing you photos and giving you pointers as this is what has gone on mine.

BUT - a worthy upgrade to a Micra, once fixed, and you start doing bits to them, it will be a really good car :) and they look really good in silver too. I had a 1.0 k11 white 3dr before this :) Here is a photo of mine (and mine was originally an SRi, so same bumpers and interior as yours :) )

Would be nicer without that nasty shopping list.
Do you even have anything Apexi, Samco or AEM? :rolleyes:

Would be nicer without that nasty shopping list.
Do you even have anything Apexi, Samco or AEM? :rolleyes:

Apex-i S-AFC II
Apex-i cone filter (Genuine one from driftworks)

Fidanza Flywheel

AEM C-A-I
AEM Bypass valve

Samco hoses on links of CAI, breather pipes too

:)