• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Beginning of something beautiful

Allo :)
Emmziie here (emma) from perth wa, although born amd raised in hull, east yorkshire, uk... introducing myself and my little beast.

My baby brand new:
image.jpg

Her rego plate is no longer the above by the by :)

Shes a 2010 nissan micra bought brand new, however i dont have the best of luck in the world, and since owing her, shes been dented, scraped, had her wing mirror bashed off, and been reversed into by some tool with a towbar and had her bonnet clip knocked out of place along with her horn sounding like a dying moose and the aircon crushed -.- joy. Plus 2 accidents (not my fault)

Losing interest with all the work that had accumulated, i was going to replace her with a new car... Not sure what caused my change of heart (probably the stab of disappointment of actually selling her when a friend said hed take her), but i have decided to give her a make over , with the idea of making her unique and better then she was when i first bought her :)

So far this week alone i have spent $1135 to have her dents repaired, her scrapes repainted, horn replaced, wing mirror painted and wired up & bonnet clip fixed. I
Unfortunately i have no piccies of when she was at her worst other then close ups.

image.jpg

image.jpg

So my aim now that she is back to pretty much almost new, is to make her look sporty >=D i have managed to track down an impul spoiler from www.carmate.com for $481.50. fantastic blokes and bloody legends considering one to import from japan would have been $1600 (unpainted uninstalled) and noone else ive tried can get them in. Photos definately to come guys :)

Lots of little ideas up my sleeve, but any suggestions would be brilliant such as where i could pick up a body kit. My baby is black, and blue is the chosen colour for accents :)

Aww shucks you :p

Ooooh, you gonna paint your brake calipers blue? (Blue accents)
I think that'll look good ;)

I remember when I was researching k12's, before I got mine, I looked at the Australian Nissan site just to see what differences there were, (lynnette scully on neighbours had one :D )
many of the "city" colours and interior styles were different from those sold here in blighty ^_^

Can't wait to see more photos, welcome to the forum :)

OP
OP
Emmziie
@Jen319 i did see your section of your blog where you painted your callipers, & it did get me thinking ;) i do have alloys on my car (because i hit a too big of a curb and dented my nissan one -.-) so im not sure if id see the callipers too much, but will try it anyway in blue :)

Im keeping the body the gloss black, but having matte black viper stripes with blue pin stripes. That will be in plasti dip. Im thinking electric blue :) and change my rego plates from pink to blue :)

OP
OP
Emmziie
@Jen319 Hah! Yes must do!! Well ive never ever been into stripes. I just dont like them. But i think keeping the same colour, only in matte, looks subtle & classy. I think you should try it!! & if you dont like it, at least with plasti dip you can just peel it off :) where you thinking plasti dip possibly? Or proper paint? Either way its no hassle just repainting it if you dont like it. Worth a shot i say :D

I have some cheap sticky back plastic/like vinyl (like what I used on my b pillars to make 'em black, only in white of course )
That could do the trick too

Because my paint is dodgy I fear the plasti dip simply wouldn't peel off like it should :(

and/or I need to fix my paint first :p

OP
OP
Emmziie
Just a little update.

Blue footwells are getting installed today along the two front seats under the dash, and along the back seat rim. Remaining blue led strips are gonna be installed in the front grill. Sexy sexy!! :D

Purchased plasti dip today. Going to have a matte black double stripe along the top of the car (bonnet, roof, fown rear, down front) with a blaze blue pinstripe either side. Just have to wait for a nice weekend to get to work with that. Any left over blue im thinking of using up on some interior, like blue accents on the dash and dials etc. not go mad though - nothing over powering!

Got little blue led lights for my rego plate lights. Yet to pop them in.

Still awaiting spoiler. So excited for that!!

Photos to shortly follow of progress :D

OP
OP
Emmziie
image.jpg
Did some plasti dipping on the car today :) considering me and my partner are 100% noobies at any type of painting, i think we nailed it pretty well. Just got the hang of it properly at the end (typical). Very easy to use, nice finish, just ask me for any tips if your interested in doing it yourself :)

Tried plasti dipping the lazy way with the interior but failed (just masking taped everywhere). Will need to do again by taking out the individual interior pieces and putting them back in :)

image.jpg
image.jpg

aye oop emmzie, where abouts in 'ull are you from. Im from Hedon, so just down the road, but live in oz myself now too, Adelaide to be pricise been here fourteen years.