Bee*r rev limiter/launch control

Hi all
After seeing a yaris with the above last night I need this in my life.
Just wondering is anybody had fitted it before because the cg13de and cg10de are listed on the compatible list.
Was wondering if anyone had fitted it and knew how hard it was to install?
Thanks
Motty

Hi all
After seeing a yaris with the above last night I need this in my life.
Just wondering is anybody had fitted it before because the cg13de and cg10de are listed on the compatible list.
Was wondering if anyone had fitted it and knew how hard it was to install?
Thanks
Motty
I've looked into it before and it looks pretty easy if your confident with a soldering iron tbf. If you want a hand working out what wires go where i will be happy to help because i worked it all out already because i really want one :p.

I've looked into it before and it looks pretty easy if your confident with a soldering iron tbf. If you want a hand working out what wires go where i will be happy to help because i worked it all out already because i really want one :p.

And yes I would absolutely love the help mate :) thanks

And yes I would absolutely love the help mate :) thanks

beer_zps7d57ab01.png

That's how the Bee r wires should splice into Micra ecu harness. Checked on autodata to find pin outs of the ECU and they correspond with what Bee r say. That is looking at the wire side of the multiplug going into the ECU. Would help if i knew the colors of the wire going into the ECU so i could tell you the color of the wire you should be splicing into. Ill have a look tomorrow so i can tell you exactly what wire :). Personally id go with soldered joints because they are more reliable and look more tidy but crimps would be good enough.

I'm guessing this unit works in a similar way to the Omex launch control units? You put your foot to the floor hold the launch button and it holds the RPM at a set point (your chosen launch rev) but the Ecu still puts the fuel in thinking its at full throttle, hence all the popping and banging?

Until you bring the clutch up and let go of the button?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I'm guessing this unit works in a similar way to the Omex launch control units? You put your foot to the floor hold the launch button and it holds the RPM at a set point (your chosen launch rev) but the Ecu still puts the fuel in thinking its at full throttle, hence all the popping and banging?

Until you bring the clutch up and let go of the button?
iirc it just cuts the igntion at whatever rpm you set

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Spot on. You can also change the gain so its hits off the limiter faster or slower.
Someone I know hooked up a £3 maplin switch to his ignition. Give it some revs, flick the switch quick and bobs your uncle.

Flicking the key also works when moving...etc.etc

Someone I know hooked up a £3 maplin switch to his ignition. Give it some revs, flick the switch quick and bobs your uncle.

Flicking the key also works when moving...etc.etc
Ghetto system right there hahaa.

I heard flicking the key is bad for the engine.

Yeah flicking the key isn't ideal for the engine but suzie shoots rather large flames when I do :p
This just cuts the ignition lots of times whilst still blasting the fuel in :p
Looks cool sounds cool doesn't do a lot lol but because it only cuts the ignition it's perfectly safe :)

Yeah flicking the key isn't ideal for the engine but suzie shoots rather large flames when I do :p
This just cuts the ignition lots of times whilst still blasting the fuel in :p
Looks cool sounds cool doesn't do a lot lol but because it only cuts the ignition it's perfectly safe :)

Stani1029

Club Member
It doesn't do much on a micra from when I had it fitted in terms of bombs coming from your exhaust and I'm sure the launch control is wired into the handbrake

S
It doesn't do much on a micra from when I had it fitted in terms of bombs coming from your exhaust and I'm sure the launch control is wired into the handbrake

Sounds like an mp5 :') I'm gonna wire the launch control to a switch unless its that easy to have it on the handbrake?!

frank

Club Member
It doesn't do much on a micra from when I had it fitted in terms of bombs coming from your exhaust
if its earthing out the cas signal ? then the oddball k11 ecu setup is probably cutting the injectors as a result of that (a cam + crank sensor equipped car probably does,nt do that ? hence the popping and banging)

Stani1029

Club Member
I definately did in the week i had it fitted, i never got big bangs/pops from it unlike my mates glanza where you can feel it in your chest standing behind it. Maybe i wired it wrong i dont know

I had some massive bangs and flames last night, have to like get it to overfuel it'self. But I agree it's not as good as on a yaris or glanza etc :(

Stani1029

Club Member
Are you connecting the right wire? Or have you set up rev2 limit making sure the gain is more than 0? That being the limit when handbrake is applied

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Its a banger man,,,,,,,yo mate so doing 90 if i flick the switch id be at 190 in 3 secs right? :)
this device doesnt damage the engine does it ?

Silly question. Did you use the same pins as the ecu photo above, also what is your gain set on as im having trouble getting it to bounce like yours is.

Hi yes I did,
first question, do you have any catalytic converters in your exhaust system? also, for flames i use gain zero and the lowest revs possible, but for launch, use highest gain at 3000 rpm