Battery voltage Problem

Hello guys .Today I changed my battery (Nissan Micra k13 2015) because a few days ago the car couldn't start without external help.The mechanic changed the battery and checked the voltage with the engine on .It said 13.1 and he told me that the recommended is 14 .Do you know the recommended price for this model ? Do you think that the alternator is the problem?

Last edited:
Hi There,

Looking at the workshop manual these cars have a Variable Voltage Control System which should operate around 13V when the battery is in good condition and charged up, and this matches my experience. I had the same worry when I changed my battery a year or so ago, but I have not had any problems. It can charge at higher voltages (I've had 14.4V when the car hasn't been used for 2-3 weeks), but generally charges around 13V to improve fuel economy.

Basically, shouldn't be anything to worry about unless you have starting issues on the new battery.

Hope this helps :)

OP
OP
A
Thank you for the response , it's a relief for me to hear that.
Hi There,

Looking at the workshop manual these cars have a Variable Voltage Control System which should operate around 13V when the battery is in good condition and charged up, and this matches my experience. I had the same worry when I changed my battery a year or so ago, but I have not had any problems. It can charge at higher voltages (I've had 14.4V when the car hasn't been used for 2-3 weeks), but generally charges around 13V to improve fuel economy.

Basically, shouldn't be anything to worry about unless you have starting issues on the new battery.

Hope this helps :)
Thank you very much for the response , it's a relief to hear that .So just to be sure, is it normal to have 13,1 V with the engine idling?

Yes, that is my experience. I've had the car 2 and a half years and the only electrical trouble I've ever had was because the battery was ruined (it still had the original from 2011 on it!) And mine has always charged at 13V with the engine on

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Micra Sports Club mobile app