• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

bartos new micra

i have considered it just neva got round to buying the film to try it,but i really am pushed towards a preface lift as i just love how much stuff you can do to them !

I thought this...

but the lack of modded facelifts makes me feel that it is easier to produce a more unique car.....

but each to their own :) i really love the colour of your car,

really classy looking

nah facelift FTW lol...more likely to pick up a facelift in better condition than a prefacelift ;) i used to like prefacelifts but i preffer facelifts now. the only interior i like is from the super sr or sr (all the other look the same bar patten) i like facelift dash's, facelift dials, and super s bumpers.

but all in all i preffer the facelift lol.

the only think that lets me down about my car is the paint work is really bad like were ive pulled the door trim off its asif they have sprayed around it same with the 16v and micra sticker and the boot handle ect ill take pictures to explain

save up and by a 1.3 prefaclift...swap bits over, run around in the facelift as standard then sell it when you get a years no claims ;) thats what i would do.

i got bored and took some pictures today sorry bout quality crappy iphone camera :(

comments welcome

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

nice :)

looks really smart,

i love the bulbs, i had a very similar set but got bored of getting tugged by the fuzz for them lol

awesome looking car,

how did you do the bonnet raisers? if you dont mind me asking....

nice :) keep up the good work loving it. under the bonnet looks amazing whats all the blue tubing actually for? like which bits.

just some random pictures

i made some eyebrows again out of black tape lol

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

changeing break pads

IMG_0360.jpg

heres a picture off the rubbish paint work on my car and when a bus drove past n scrapped it :mad:

IMG_0361.jpg

wish my car was this low its on the jack in this picture

heres a lil cut i got while axe sawing a home made bracket for the exhuast

i slipped lol

IMG_0363.jpg

Just been reading through your thread for about an hour or so, I'm loving what you've done to your car. I love the front lights, might end up doing something similar to mine :)

Looks really smart, engine's looking very clean as well. Proud first car? I've found mine expensive to insure, but worth it I guess :D

yeah i am proud of it for a first car, only thing that lets me down is the paint work but i can live with it ! And thanks for your comments yeah. Like the engine just need yo touch it up a bit more try get it cleaner !

just to let you all know ive just ordered some dtm mirrors + micra base plates for £55 these should be with me in two week time :D

thanks to hoodedreeper
for pointing me in the right direction and recommending me express-enterprise

www.express-enterprise.co.uk

small update ive just modded my grills the right way this time looks soo much neater :D thanks to the guide jim bling posted

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

heres my wheel im wanting to fit.need to find a guide on how you remove the air bag wheel if anybody knows of one ?
if not i will try create my own.

IMG_0373.jpg

you need torx bit to remove the wheel t50 security one with a little star indent in it (well i did on mine) the rest isn't too hard if you have a haynes manual (and ofc make sure you take battery out an hour before to be on safe side^^)

you need torx bit to remove the wheel t50 security one with a little star indent in it (well i did on mine) the rest isn't too hard if you have a haynes manual (and ofc make sure you take battery out an hour before to be on safe side^^)

yearh if its an airbag wheel you need a torx t50 bit. i disconnect the battery for half an hour :)

Yeah i attempted to do it pulled off battery fuse air bag fuse and nrgative terminal just to be on safe side then i noticed the torx bits but i cant seem to find a safty torx bit ! :(

well on the way home from the cleethorpes show i got pulled over buy the police on the m180

i got given a vdf form

a vehicle defect form

due to the following reasons

green side lights
bonnet raisers - says there dangerous
defected exhaust :s
and black rear lights

so ive now got to rectify the faults and get it motd again
:(

so upto now ive changed my rear lights for preface lift ones and my front side lights back to standed

6ad160c5.jpg

so within 14days i will have a 4-2-1 manifold for sale £80 collected

bonnet raisers shouldn't be dangerous when fitted properly, leave them on and see what the MOT man says..

I'd do the same with the exhaust tbh, if it passes the MOT there shouldn't be a problem.

i know thoes old rear back light were bad thoe, and exhaust is straight threw so doubt it will pass so im just going to put standard manifold back on and sell the 4-2-1

that #### mate! When i had one of those forms i just had to have it signed by an MOTer and then post it off. What is the defect with the exhaust? Bonnet raisers look gay imo anyway so no bother getting rid of them lol

it was noisy lol is the defect lol but thats because its straight threw like yours but he didnt know that.
i think thats what attracted them in the first place due to it been loud

he said i have to get it re motd so if thats not true thats saved me some money :D
like you said i have to get the form stamped and sent off

yeah pal once its off ill let you know ;)

my dtm mirrors arrived today and are now fitted

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

stuff for sale soon :

strut brace £30 collected
wind deflectors £20 collected
bucket seats £80 ?? collected modded by garage to mot standards on original subframes
kNn and re locator £20 collected
rev counter £20 could post for lil extra

blacked lights - swap for originals and £5
grills - swap for originals and £5

i have got the 35mm lowering springs but cant put a price on them so offers ?? collected

I may be interested in the strut brace and blacked out lights mate! My March is an R face lift, but they should fit fine - plus they'll be JDM ;)

Shame about the coppers though mate! Still, if what MM says is true - and I bet it is - then don't worry too much! :)

looks good that mate, where did you get the blue sleeving from mate?

blue sleeves i got off ebay they do blue red green yellow and more i think

yeah i still have the rear lights £20 there yours as it will pay for my prefacelift 1s i bought have to work something out about postage if you want them (Y)

yeah mm i have to get it signed n stamped i looked at the form again does say that silly me. any how im still going back to stranded with the car

any way i was at the scrap yard to day just looking n surprise surprise i found these :D
9d0d0e4c.jpg

well chuffed as my dtm mirrors arrived today so its all good no nasty holes to make it look untidy :D

Aww mate that sucks :down:

I'll take the strut brace off your hands if you want? So you're not too depressed everytime you see it ;)

£20 and its yours mate ! And what do you have to swap ? I just need original grills and front lights which im willing to swap for my modded 1s

i've got a set of standard chrome grills if you are interested in a swap for your black ones?

would be happy to give you mine plus say a tenner for yours?

That sounds fair to me pal then it would cover postage costs are you wanting to send the £10 with the grils or via pay pal ? Pm me you adress and i will send them tomorow asap pal thanks my numbers 07933459144 to keep in touch ! Cheers pal

awesome,

well i could sort out the money for you on monday, so i could get the whole lot sent to you then?

if you want to wait until you get them to see they are defo wat you want before sending them out to me i'd be more than happy to wait a few more days?

cheers,

Tom

ok pal that sounds fair to me soon as i recive yours ill send mine out asap if u give me a text ill send you my adress cheers pal

Back