Badboy hood

M

Mikra

I was thinking of making a badboy bonnet for my micra, but in order to do that, I'd have to change the hinges to the other end of the hood. Do you think that could be done with the original hinges or would I have to get new ones?

I'm gonna weld the extension to the front of the hood.

Also, on on different issue, can you change springs and shocks without any special tools? I've never done it and I'd like to save the cost of a professional doing it.

yeh its easy to do the shocks an springs without special tools, especially on the k10 they are easy peasey! Not too sure about the fronts, but the rears are so easy to do, a monkey could do them, Wayne has changed the hinges on his bonnet, he should tell you how to do the bonnet flip!

Daz

no and yes.

simple.

ok you cant use the same hnges as the hinges fold back on themselves/ so in theory would pull your bonnet into your scuttle panel.
easiest and simplest. chepest way to do it is to get your self dsown to a scrap yard.. walk up to most cars and simply stand there and open each and every bonnnet. looking at how it opens and just think as to ow this would work on yours.
were the mountings are a and can this be done to yours.

go look majorly and cars that have an arced bonnet be the window. (curves from corner to corner) you ask why.
well

the bonnets that curve need to be pushed away from the body work because if they were just pivoted. the 2 corners that are closer to the indow than the cntre would dig into the shell. obviously this isnt possible.. so they simple have already been made to also push the bonnet away from the shell and round. most vans are like this also.

OR you coiuld do an even better idea. AND the idea i was gonna go for and do if i never flipped it sideways..

flip the WHOLE front end forward :p

wings etc. like the mini ;)

2 quick release hinges down at the front/
easy peasy just flip thew whole front end of AND easily removed to work on aswell.

the only reason i was gonna do this is cos i was gonna put lambo doors on aswell. just for pure idiosy.lol

but decided against it for lots of reasons. hahahah

decided instead the way i have doe it will solve alot of issues

as for shocks and springs again
yes you can. simply undo the bolts at the top on the front. at the top/.engine bay. release the pressure. then undo the 2x 12" bolts either side. undo the 2 x 17" screw at the bottom behnd the wheel hub.

thats the front done/

back simply jack car up ndo top mounted/.boot nut. (note may need mole grips on the very top to stop it turning.. then simply pull the axle down and the spring should pop out :D

Thanks for the help. I just swapped the left front shock from my spare part car. It's only temporary until I get my lowering springs etc, so I only swapped the other one. It's working great.

I'll post pics of my project in a few days. I'm working on fibreglass bumbers and skirts right now.

Yeah, I'm looking to get the bonnet flipped round the other way when I get the headlight conversion done and a badboy bonnet. :) Will also make it loads easier to work on the engine too. Just gotta do what Wayne said and find a way of doing it lol. :p

Back