Bad Boy Bonnets

I

insane_lewis

i have seen em on the internet, never seen one in the flesh. they look cool, but where and how much do they cost? coz i am still at 6th form my funds are limited, but modding slowly!! lol.

on another note, i have had several cars, first being my k11, then while tht sat on my drive i had a 51 plate fiesta, piece of poo, then i had a S reg 1.4 clio that was worse, i love the micra, i love the little close gear box! BTW i got a Mreg 1.0lt
and its really nippy for a 1.0lt, im so impressed!!

so i take it with the making of them, you weld on the panels to get the shape you want??

it looks sweat? Must smell!! I know what you mean really Fez. Heres Bods, his bro done his for him

it looks sweat? Must smell!! I know what you mean really Fez. Heres Bods, his bro done his for him

i had no probs with my bonnet,definately worth gettin done in my opinion.i still think they look good.:cool:

24738.jpg

there you go :)

i used card board and wedged it under the bonnet then used a pen to draw the curve i wanted, then i added an extra tab at the top for the welding. then i cut it out and drew round it on some steel (aluminum wont weld i found out doh!) then i cut out the steel with a jig saw. i fliped over the template and cut out the other bit of metal to make an identical reverse of the first one.

then i got a guy to weld them to the bonnet for £25 he did an amazing job! Then using a fiberglass based filler i did a rough base and then an "easy sand" filler over the top which i sanded using vared grades. then i got the bonnet painted and the painters added a bit of filler just to make it perfect.

Next was to move the headlights back which i'm still working on because the bonnet doesn't close propperly. i have headlights which i can cut and move back but i don't know how you'd do it with the stock headlights. also a bit of metal behind the headlights needed to be bent slightly.....

alot of work but i think it was woth it :)

very nice motor you have the nex.
did you not think of poss having the bad boy come flush with the rest of the wing?

other than that liking it

Thanks mate, i like it :laugh:

you mean the edge of the bonnet meeting the wing? well first of all i wanted a bonnet that looked like was factory if you know what i mean. the bonnet has a flowing curve rather than corners,

i did try to make it meet but the problem is the further back you go with the metal, the harder it is to match the edge of the brow metal with the original bonnet. it's hard to discribe. also there is less area that can be welded which can leed to the paint cracking.

but it does look cool from the front like the bonnet is like glue that has seeped down like those pictures of melting clocks hehe.

and at night the shape of the headlights looks bad ass ;)

i installed all the new front end before sunday, and they arrived on saturday so i was working from 6:00AM saturday to 1:00AM sunday the last pic was at 1:00 just before i closed the garage to go home.

If you look at me in the meet photos i look a mess because i did 18 hours solid work with no food and no breaks and then i was woken at 4:00AM by my brother comming in drunk and shouting at me, then i got up at 9:00 and did 150miles of driving before breakfast meaning that i hadn't eaten anything since friday evening!!! i was not happy :(

but it all turned out ok apart from me getting a cold hehe

Back