• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

B14KLR's Micra

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
hello there! this is not an introduction as such, but is is for my car!ive been a member (and ex member) for about 2 years since i got my micra and shes starting to come together, so thought its about time show the world whats been happening....

im not to handy at putting pics up but ill have a go...

this was the oh so innocent looking picture of a super s i couldnt refuse on ebay. so i bought it,being young and dumb,and,im ashamed to say,an apprentice mechanic at the time.well the car was rotten...massive holes everywhere.

mymicra.jpg

but being stupidly enthusastic and too proud to cut my losses i ploughed on and the restoration went ahead,new sills,arch worch all sorts then i began to modify with my ideal image of golf headlights and lazyboy bonnet...anyway she started to look like this...

Photo-0042.jpg

but progress was slow, i had too many commitments and i saw a tempting offer from someone on the forum called kristian...so obliged and handed over the car...for two years :doh: however from this cam a new shell and all my work redone to a proffessional standard. i cant fault much of his (metalwork) fabrication, but lack of quality finish and need of further work was a bit disappointing :(
but after some tidying up of the rust runs and a bit of a wash she looks like this...

random037.jpg

random039.jpg

random033.jpg

random035.jpg

mods so far include...

bodykit
golf headlights
import rear lights
fully smoothed -roof-doors-boot-wings
custom mirrors (made by yours truly (Y) )
white respray

bilstein streetline kit
inovit stvi 16"(rays te37 replicas-if only i could afford the real ones!)
black tuner wheel bolts
almera front brakes (ebc discs ferodo pads)

reclining racing seats
short shifter
aftermarket st wheel which is tiny!(have a white nismo 1 to go on when shes finished :grinning:)
(in process of diy interior respray and retrim)

audiobahn 12" subs
boss audio amp
in phase chrome power cap
kenwood 6x9's
boss audio shallow door speakers
alpine head unit

cg13de
new chains + gaskets ect
skimmed,port,polish head
piper cams
ind kit
jun flywheel
(just ordered ashley manifold)
have a fse boost valve which i'll fit when i work out how!
delkevic carbon fibre bike exhaust (which is stunning its just a shame you cant see more of it!!)

left to do:-
wire and trim install
finish interior spray and trim
need to re shim valve clearances :doh:
tint front 2 and tailgate window

i'll do my best at keeping updated,there should be some stuff going on because i really want to get her finished now!
any opinions or ideas welcomed :grinning: thanks for looking!

The car looks superb in the images, the styling and over all look is excellent. The wheels really suit it well too.

I Hope the quality of work is as good as the images look. Quite a rare sight actually seeing a job completed by Kristian.

Kev

Sweet looking Micra(Y), Golf lamps look great(Y). May I trouble you for some pictures of the interior and and the bonnet:grinning:?

The rear number plate sits nicely in the rear bumper, may I suggest something. If you cut away the white bar section (only where the number plate is) and set the plate back using a bracket you could use a LED strip as a number plate light? Just an idea.

PJG - already done it mate :p (it looks wonkey there because it follows the contours of the bumper-normally looks pretty square..)i wanted the symmetrical look but i'm gonna settle for this now.. what pics are u after? what kind of bonnet and interior pics?... i'll post up interior pics of the respray as i complete it... heres one i took earlier of some bits being sprayed.. i couldnt decide between matt or gloss black..but when i went to the shop they had satin-perfect!
random030.jpg

Kev - thanks for your appreciation. unfortunately the quality is not as good as the pictcures let on. i could write a rarther large list of things that need to be done to the bodywork to finish it off...but i wont(unless you want to hear them!)i had to push and push to get the car back and unfortunely that hurriedness shows(eg those dots on the front and rear bumper...they're holes! :eek: ). this also means its gonna need to see the bodyshop before it gets near show quality :( i'm trying to pull my finger out so we'll see! when is JAE?

well i bought another micra today..driving that was interesting!! what a boat!nearly hit the car when i came to park it back! really not used to standard supension and a big steering wheel! if anyone on here is rolling around on standard gear, seriously consider getting a new spring and shocks set up, it will TRANSFORM your car!!... the new micra is the 'go' project, whilst the current micra is the 'show'...think fibreglass, plexiglass,carbon fibre and a rev happy 1.3 on 13's..cant wait!! unfortunately nothing new to update on this micra..still sprayng the interior plastics when i get a spare second, should have some new pics after the weekend...

Haha, i'm still running with the stock gear :p although the front bounces quite crazily, i do enjoy the big steering wheel though :D although i have a strange missalignment :(.

this week i have mostly been sorting out the drab grey interior and trimming some ice!

front door cards went from this..

1209tghdrtfyghgfdsfghigfsuyi011.jpg

to this..

interior004.jpg

also trimmed my sub box..

interior007.jpg

interior006.jpg

which goes in the boot with this lot which will all be white/chrome theme...

random044.jpg

but i need some ideas for the parcel shelf (topside and bottomside).do i just do it in white vinyl or something different? i think the top needs something sat between the 6x9's but i really dont know what to use!

any ideas welcome!

i swear on my old k10 i designed the whole boot around the mdf
one massive box devided into two parts= 2 twelves=bass in sterio not forced down one line but left and right channels
or two amps dealing with one channel each just for the bass

FOR SALE!! £1500 ono

unfinished project...had too long and still not finished, time to sell. house is now for sale so nowhere to keep it

large spec list...
ext.
fully flushed body - roof, tailgate, doors, wings.
wald 'style' body kit (fibreglass copy-in need of tidying)
custom mirrors w.indicators inc.door popper buttons
16" innovit wheels with virtually new event 195/50r16
jdm rear lights
golf mk 4 headlights

chassis.
bilstein streetline oem gas shocks
matt humphries 60mm shocks ( fitted,not been driven on)
whiteline panhard rod.
uprated front brake conversion
rear disc brak conversion

ice
boss audio 1600w amp -new unused
2x audiobahn aw12t woofers
in phase power cap -new unused
T1 4+8 guage wiring kit -new unused
kenwood 6x9's
boss audio door speakers
-subs, amp, power cap, wiring never been fully installed so never used!

engine
standard, 109k miles
delkevic carbon fibre bike silencer

interior
has been sprayed but quality of adhesion of paint is poor so will need doing again/replacing.
black carpet.
reclining bucket seats on micra subframes.

car was MOT'd and driven for a period but has been stood since due to global travel and tbh, lack of drive to finish it. it will drive onto a trailer but is currently not safe for road. (spongey brakes etc).

any interest email me at [email protected] or call on 07807351219.

im not leaving the micras though! my daily is another micra, albeit slightly more standard!!

ideally i'd like to sell it complete but will break if theres lack of interest.

i really hope this post doesnt get removed because i havent been online for ages! :(

thanks, Tom

Back