Auxiliary Drive Belt Replacement- Water Pump and Alternator (NO PS/ NO A.C.)

Hi all,

I can see there are a few threads on here to do with aux drive belts, but I'm not struggling to find definitive answers here and in the haynes manual. I'm replacing both belts for my K11 1.0 1996 (no power steering, no AC) and have seen many different sizes available, which do I need?

On autodoc I have found these sizes when I type in my make and model:
I believe the alternator needs a 650mm belt, but I'm unsure about the water pump, there are so many different sizes listed! Theres even a different one for when you have a sunroof???

How can I be sure I'm getting the right fit? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
N

Attachments

• belts.gif
    belts.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 158
Try to read the parts code on the outside of your old one, failing that measure the length of your old one, the last 3 or 4 numbers in the part number relate to the belts length in mm's, the first part describes how many ribs it has, eg a 4pk belt has 4 ribs.

Try to read the parts code on the outside of your old one, failing that measure the length of your old one, the last 3 or 4 numbers in the part number relate to the belts length in mm's, the first part describes how many ribs it has, eg a 4pk belt has 4 ribs.
Thanks, is there a way to manually turn the crankshaft to see all the way around the belt?

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
I've just done my alternator - 6PK673, the waterpump I have is 4PK648, but I've not done that one yet so can't 100%.

94 with no PAS, no A/C

Craig