automatic to manual

hi,
im thinking of buying a cheap micra with tax and test with a problematic automatic gearbox and swap it to manual, i have a full manual car here, is it possible? hard or easy? or am i wasting my time?

automatic is a 1996
manual is a 1998
thanks

Piece of pie the only bit that uses effort is cutting 3 holes in the firewall for the clutch cable but the first sheet is press cut so you just need to cut out the second sheet and then solder the wires for the starter.

on a manual gearbox chassis, after cutting the hole, you'll also need a 10-15mm spacer (made mine from cutting an old gear linkage bush in 1/2) so the clutch pedal assembly sits correctly or else the pedal will travel too far down and hit the floor.

43090209.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/#post-381115

also the CVT control unit under the engine ECU controls the reverse lights. with the auto box gone, you might lose the reverse light function unless you rewire it

on a manual gearbox chassis, after cutting the hole, you'll also need a 10-15mm spacer (made mine from cutting an old gear linkage bush in 1/2) so the clutch pedal assembly sits correctly or else the pedal will travel too far down and hit the floor.

43090209.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/#post-381115

also the CVT control unit under the engine ECU controls the reverse lights. with the auto box gone, you might lose the reverse light function unless you rewire it
Or just take the spacer that comes with the manuals if your doing the conversion easiest way is to buy a complete donor car and swap it all over

Or just take the spacer that comes with the manuals if your doing the conversion easiest way is to buy a complete donor car and swap it all over

no cos the spacer feature is integrated as part of the bulkhead panel pressing on the manual chassis

This is the MSc... One does not simply buy a manual car. One must convert it and spend more money haha I would of if I found a cheap enough manual.
Scratching my head here .... bonkers !!!! Then, I'm not into motors like you guys. I would just buy one, or, pay a garage to fix it.

Back