Automatic K11 convert in to Manual?

Hi just today I've just bought a Nissan Micra 1997 K11 its an Automatic. I'm the third owner i bought it off an elderly man who sold it to me for £110.
It's a 1.0 with only 53000 Mileage. Service history and old MOT's. I got it so cheap because there's no TAX and NO MOT. He said it will pass its MOT no hastle! :).... its in my garage at the moment. but before anything i wana take out the Automatic Gearbox and put a Manual Gearbox in it, obviously with a clutch lol. All i wanted to know was how much would it cost in total for the parts? and whats the preceger?
THANKS......

p.s can someone please name me the stuff i need and is it possible for me to do it?

I would say.. A manual gear box, the whole clutch assembly. All the linkages, the interior surrounding thing that houses the gear stick, the gear stick itself. That's all I can think of, I'm not a master of transmission though, so my apologies if that seems vague.

Get it taxed, mot'd and sold for a profit. It will be easier and less hassle to buy a manual than convert a auto, plus autos are worth more so you maybe able to buy a newer manual Micra instead.

Mike

Get it taxed, mot'd and sold for a profit. It will be easier and less hassle to buy a manual than convert a auto, plus autos are worth more so you maybe able to buy a newer manual Micra instead.

Mike

how is an automatic worth more than a manual? lol manuals are worth more mate.

Stick it through an MOT and sell it, I'd probably take it off your hands at £150 :p Auto's are worth more.

an auto is only as good as the clutch is...far to expensive to replace the clutch imo and so easier/cheaper to convert to manual...but if its working you should be able to get some profit on it.

oh cool thanks guyz.. but thinking of keeping the k11 thats why i wanted to convert it to manual. maybe i'll sell it and get a suzuki swift gti or something? any suggestions?

Personally I would suggest that the build quality of a Micra is far higher than that of a Suzuki Swift, the engineering too has a far better reputation.

its easyish to switch to a manual (figure everything auto related has to come out :D), just maybe even easier to get a normal manual (depends on the auto bodywork condition vs other ones new you)...no one here is trying to discourage your micra ownership :)

An automatic is worth more, because most cars sold in this country are manual, and for those lazy ######s who couldn't be bothered to do a manual driving test, the only car they can drive is an automatic, so they're willing to pay a premium.

Or people like me who have injuries which make it uncomfortable to drive manual cars for too long so prefer to drive autos, or for people who have owned an automatic who realise they are the future...

Manuals are also (apparently) more economical, though I've never driven an auto so can't comment on performance/economy etc.. However, I would think an auto would attract a higher price for reasons mentioned above.

BG

with new cars autos are more economical cause the ecus are so clever they basicly drive the bloody car for you!

lol thanx guys. i've already got a manual k11 Nreg. My reason for liking the manuals are that they give you less problems and my dad had a k11 99 Vreg and that was automatic it had a problem for some reason when you put it in to D1 its in D2 you can tell by the voice of it and the higher revs. maybe cos of that i've been put off Automatics. p.s i'm getting the automatic k11 mot'd tomorrow i'll tell you guys if it passes or not.. cheers :D

Well guys did my MOT today and it was perfect. no hastle. everything was all good. i don't know if i wana get it taxed. might sell it off now £300 or should it be more?

Back