Autograss k11 wiring Help!

Hi everyone been trawling thru this very helpful site found some very handy info Thanks for sharing. Have a bit of a problem and as the title says need a little help. Have raced grass cars of ALL types and electrics wiring and spanner work no problem but what was Nissan thinking with this Micra wiring!!
Sadly bought a car that someone had started b4 me so now at the wire it up stage. Left with spaghetti by last owner. Now reading https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/k11-autograss-wiring.55246/ post by lord Lucan I am trying to get a little clarity.
From what I can see engine loom has two plugs one yellow and one black and a small three wire block by ECU (Bosch with blue connection blocks) all the relays in cases under the bonnet seem redundant horn etc. So if I splice into the three wires as the previous thread says leave all the ECU and engine sensors connected this should then run using the ECU etc.?
If anyone has a simple wire diagram of how they get their autograss Micra to run would be most grateful. Bearing in mind fan fuel alternator etc will be separate switched. I just need this thing running. Thanks

OP
OP
Classnine
Bit of a problem there no plates no log book. Do know its 93 to 2000 lol. In all honesty looked up the vin but think I wrote it down wrong and the digits for year (10th on vin)are don't seem to tally with anything? Car is stored away from home so won't check till later in week.think it is a 1997 but can't be to sure will double check vin and post exact year Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Classnine
So from reading posts etc the ign barrel seems to be the answer to nats and non nats as to how to identify which you have? Or does the ECU number give the game away? I have a flat oval kind of key in the ignition barrel and a separate key fob with two press buttons. No black ring around but not saying some one took it off! And a black connection on the bottom of the ignition barrel with approx 5 wires in plugged in on the bottom ECU is Bosch 0261200957 blue connector and the loom from engine that has been stripped back has two large connection one black one yellow/clear and a small 3 wire white block. Is there just a simple way of identifying nats/ non nats? Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Classnine
S7001077.JPG just to give you an idea of what I have I was left with by previous owner lol?:eek:

OP
OP
Classnine
Hi just another update looked at vin number today and the 10th digit of the vin is a "U" but they don't use that as a date code?? 9th digit is a 1. 11th digit 0 so really stuck on year? Any help?

it looks like a pre nats ecu, to wire it for autograss I find the easiest way is to cut the plugs off the dash loom close to the ecu, usually 1 black and 1 white and splice wires into these. where are you based? I can sort this out for you relatively easily however am based about 5 miles from the north wales track!. the only other issue you will have is that the rulebook states that the car must have the obd connector wired in, this is something I am attempting to work out at the moment!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

it looks like a pre nats ecu, to wire it for autograss I find the easiest way is to cut the plugs off the dash loom close to the ecu, usually 1 black and 1 white and splice wires into these. where are you based? I can sort this out for you relatively easily however am based about 5 miles from the north wales track!. the only other issue you will have is that the rulebook states that the car must have the obd connector wired in, this is something I am attempting to work out at the moment!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
It's a old tread ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk