auto to manual

TONEY

Ex. Club Member
just a quick question
is it possable to change the gear box in a automatic in to a manual gear box?
if so is it a strait swap or will the mounts have to be changed

looking at a auto super s but i hate auto:(

I didn't know Super S's came with an auto box? fwn

As for changing, yes it's possible, but you will need to change a few things, like fitting a clutch pedal, and a new brake pedal (as its larger on autos). Possibly more but I've never done it before :blush:

kristian said:
It is possible,

Infact MANY race tuned CG13's are AUTO engines on manual boxes as the engine is stronger..

really ? how are they stronger? there is an auto in my local scrappy, might go and rob some of the strong bits...

i know the uk engines are stronger than the jap ones because the japs opted for lighter cars.

Due to the potential high revving of the auto.. They were designed slightly differently

There is much more info on Ciscos and some Rally/autograss websites

kristian said:
Due to the potential high revving of the auto.. They were designed slightly differently

There is much more info on Ciscos and some Rally/autograss websites

will give it a look :)

you'll have to take the auot flywheel off which is like a big bowl thing relly cant remeber wat there called summin like a oil pressure flywheel.

danielson said:
you'll have to take the auot flywheel off which is like a big bowl thing relly cant remeber wat there called summin like a oil pressure flywheel.

usually theyre torque convertors but ive been told theyre different on micras. anyone have any experiance with bolting the manual box onto the auto. are they a direct bolt on?

NeX said:
i know the uk engines are stronger than the jap ones because the japs opted for lighter cars.

uk spec blocks are closed deck, jdm blocks are open deck (more cooling channels) hence jdm block is weaker. still strong enough though :D

Back