auto to manual

hi .
i have an auto fhk11 and i want to convert it to manual
will i need to change ecu
any other advice would be appreciated
im using a recent ebay 1,3 sr with 70 k as donor

frank

Club Member
the cvt has its own ecu, and there are a couple of transplant threads (joe southgate on here, and 1 on cisco,s )

baguete

Site Supporter
No, you can use the same engine ECU. And the CVT ECU can be discarded. After you swap all the manual gear you just need to wire the reverse and neutral switches.

OP
OP
marcosgt
cool cheers mate.
i will try to get it done over xmas break ........lol
i will have a few bits n pieces
left over from sr when im finished
sr has 11 months mot and is a sort of turquoise color
im gonna use bumpers n mudflaps

Attachments

• 1387372967988.jpg
    1387372967988.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 412
  • 1387373004717.jpg
    1387373004717.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 319

pollyp

Club Member
things to look into:
manual gearbox & flywheel & clutch compatability,
driveshaft spline size between gearbox & hub,
clutch cable & support bracket,
clutch cable bulkhead mount & clutch pedal assembly,
rear engine mount,
gear selector linkage & support beam,
gear stick surrounding trim,
gearbox oil,

on a manual gearbox chassis, after cutting the hole for the clutch pedal, you'll also need a 10-15mm spacer (made mine from cutting an old gear linkage bush in 1/2) so the clutch pedal assembly sits correctly or else the pedal will travel too far down and hit the floor.

43090209.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/#post-381115

also the CVT control unit under the engine ECU controls the reverse lights. with the auto box gone, you might lose the reverse light function unless you rewire it.

baguete

Site Supporter
things to look into:
manual gearbox & flywheel & clutch compatability,
driveshaft spline size between gearbox & hub,
clutch cable & support bracket,
clutch cable bulkhead mount & clutch pedal assembly,
rear engine mount,
gear selector linkage & support beam,
gear stick surrounding trim,
gearbox oil,

on a manual gearbox chassis, after cutting the hole for the clutch pedal, you'll also need a 10-15mm spacer (made mine from cutting an old gear linkage bush in 1/2) so the clutch pedal assembly sits correctly or else the pedal will travel too far down and hit the floor.

43090209.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/#post-381115

also the CVT control unit under the engine ECU controls the reverse lights. with the auto box gone, you might lose the reverse light function unless you rewire it.

Driveshafts are the same (i'm using the short CVT shaft on my Turbo SR), the rear mount is the same (the crossmember is different, no front mount), regarding the clutch pedal, i converted the "old" March from auto to manual, made the holes on the firewall and the clutch pedal feels good, no problems with it sitting too low, but the March can be different. And the reverse light is not connected to the CVT ECU, just the neutral switch.

Hi, I have just bought a 2002 Nissan micra s and i want to convert it to manual, I have a 1997 auto K11, i want to swap my gearbox from the 1997 k11 to the 2002 k11 is this possible?

Need help ASAP! thanks

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Hi, I have just bought a 2002 Nissan micra s and i want to convert it to manual, I have a 1997 auto K11, i want to swap my gearbox from the 1997 k11 to the 2002 k11 is this possible?

Need help ASAP! thanks

plenty of info here use the search bar for information