Auto K11

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I suspect my Ford may fail it's MOT next month. On my daily trip to work I change gear a million times. It's really annoying. I have decided an automatic is in order, I'm not really a race driver and the type of driving I do doesn't need a manual box. Yeah I'm just being lazy really.

Back to the point, what are the auto k11's like to live with every day? I know they can get expensive if the box fails but are there any other issues I need to be aware of?

What sort of MPG can I expect from the 1.0 and the 1.3? I'm only getting 30mpg from my Ford which isn't really good enough when I am doing a lot of driving around the 56mph average.

I'm desperate to get back to Micras, they are the only car that has never given me any problems.

your want the 1.3/1.4 an auto box will last as long as the car aslong as you treat it right, your have to learn to drive an auto (driving style) but your soon get use to it, The feeling of coasting is the strangest one to get use to0

autos are harder on the brakes as you have no engine braking as such, mpg depends on your driving style tbh but anything between 28-45 mpg

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I have driven an auto before (3.0 V6 Shogun :p), very strange to start with, by the end of the trip I was just about used to it. Much more relaxed driving style.

It is more wear on the brakes but less wear on my left shoe so it evens out :p