Article on micras.

Export, ."scrap" men who weight them in with issues or even still have mot
Banger racers
People and garages who cannot be bothered to fix some even minor issues

Ive bought some before they were sent to be scrapped cause it wanted two tyres lol and such
People also look down on them

Sent from my LM-Q630 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
S
Agreed. I read somewhere that all told, there were 3 million micras made worldwide and we are just down to less than 80,000 here. Just shocking :eek:

I am so close to giving up on mine, but holding on for dear life.

Got a OBD1 Consult on it's way hopefully arriving this week, and getting DataScan I setup on a laptop to try and pull codes or even live data to figure out WTAF is going on.

It drives and runs fine, but coming to a halt from any speed above 15mph results in the idle hopping from and estimated 800-1800, 800-1800, 800,1800 usually three times, sometimes four before it settles down, this of course being a N-CVT makes things a bit interesting, so far done the O2 sensor, replaced the throttlebody, and the issue persists.

OP
OP
S

Got a OBD1 Consult on it's way hopefully arriving this week, and getting DataScan I setup on a laptop to try and pull codes or even live data to figure out WTAF is going on.

It drives and runs fine, but coming to a halt from any speed above 15mph results in the idle hopping from and estimated 800-1800, 800-1800, 800,1800 usually three times, sometimes four before it settles down, this of course being a N-CVT makes things a bit interesting, so far done the O2 sensor, replaced the throttlebody, and the issue persists.

Not much help i guess but this is why I have two indentical micras, incase I ever get a problem like that.

Agreed. I read somewhere that all told, there were 3 million micras made worldwide and we are just down to less than 80,000 here. Just shocking :eek:
UK tho
Europe abd the rest of the world theres more

Tbh the k11s still holding its own to mk5/6 fiestas
Corsa b, Hyundai accent n15 almera, k12 older models are dropping

Noticed corsa c and early d are dropping with engine failure, subframe ,rot ect

K11s mostly rot

Tried running with the sensors disconnected?
Oil? Brushes if pre2000
Whats it like in neutral?
Bad earth? Fuel pump?

Tried running with the sensors disconnected?
Oil? Brushes if pre2000
Whats it like in neutral?
Bad earth? Fuel pump?

Replaced the O2
Oil was changed 1,000 miles ago 15w40 if I recall, was verified correct and I trust the chap who did the service ( I was present )
I tend to drop it into N when coming to a halt due to the jumping idle it's not easy on the gearbox otherwise, the idle will hop 3-4 times then return to a normal and smooth idle, you can then put it into D or DS and have a smooth idle until you move off and get above 15mph then you have to use N to come to a halt.
Where are the earth points apart from the few in the engine bay I can see?
Fuel pump I hear before I start the engine, what would be the symptom of it being at fault?

Does it feel like it's pushing against the brakes as you slow down ? I have had issues with the cvt powder clutch that we ended up diagnosing as this, you could also have a look at the brushes if you haven't already.

Does it feel like it's pushing against the brakes as you slow down ? I have had issues with the cvt powder clutch that we ended up diagnosing as this, you could also have a look at the brushes if you haven't already.
Nope, if anything the engine braking is reduced all together over how it was, the box in mine is really nice, has a grind noise occasionally but kicks down super smooth, it has the fluid changed by a group in Rochdale that focussed on autoboxes and CVT's had it done twice in my ownership (since 2017) and both times it looks good, the only concern I have really with the box is the bushes? not sure when or how I know if they need replacing.