Are there many K11 1.4 SE+ models about?

I was just wondering, cos i spotted one on auto trader the other day up near Leeds somewhere, but it got sold real quick.

also, has anyone on here owned/own one that can comment on what they are like to maintain?

btw, i'm talking about the 2001-2002 models (before they changed to the K12 shape)

I think the 1.4SE+ is a K12 model. All K11's were 1.0-1.3 I believe.

It's probably a foreign seller trying to fit as many cars as he can in one advert!

There are 1.4 k11 in the facelift model. And im pretty sure there is a 1.4SE+ in facelift k11.

edit: Got there beforeme Mullet!

James T has a turbo'd 1.4 Sport+

The engine is essentially still the 1.3 block, but it's called a CGA3DE, 1348cc, I think that Nissan were quite cheeky to call it a 1.4, but the power was upped to ~85bhp too so I'll let them off!

I had a facelift 1.4 'S' model. They're actually 1348cc, not 1398cc, for some reason :grinning:. Oops, just noticed your post James. Seem to remember mine was described as 82 bhp iirc.

Yes these definitely existed - I have a 2000 one locked up in my garage! :grinning:
They do indeed have the CGA3DE engine.
I don't know if they sold many of them though, most 2000 onwards are either SE or Twister that I've seen.

It depends which options were chose at time of original purchase I think as different ones seem to have different things which leads me to believe that there weren't many built and when they were they were by order.

Most common though is there are no plastic strips (except for the bottom of the bumper as with all later facelift K11s) around the car by the headlights etc. - these were replaced with chrome. The interior trim is different, some also had fog lights. Most have electric door mirrors also and ABS.

That's all I can think off the top of my head.
I think the idea was to make a more luxurious version of the Sport+ with an interior trim that didn't want to make you vomit everytime you get in.

I vaguely remember that the plus had chromed door handles and some of the trim?

I own a 2001 1.4 SE+ (1348cc), its just got a couple more luxuries than standard and some trim differences. You get electric front windows, electric door mirrors, chrome handles, bumper inserts and boot handle, mine has the 14" alloys from the sport, abs, rev counter etc so there is not much difference. Its quicker than my K12 1.4 Sport+ which I put down to size & weight.

thanks guys

nice one finding that se+ Dave :) Just a shame its a 3-door, i'd be after a 5-door - probably non-existent lol

I would still like to know if any members or users of this site have owned or now own a se+

btw, you can check parkers for all the variations, see: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/nissan/micra-1993.aspx?page=7

Yeah, I got lucky and found a 5 door in that lovely Intense Blue colour. My only problem is that insurance is a f'ing joke. :down:
I forgot the chrome handles (oooh! ahhh! :D) and alloys and rev counter. Mine has those to.

Back