Arch Problems

Lou

Ex. Club Member
Right, having a few problems recently! Im in the progress of rebuilding my k11 5 door, and have had some custom springs made up, matched to some lovely shocks

However, this is where the problem occurs! Im running 17's, (205/40/17 profile tyres) but have decked the rear 90mm, and the front 80mm. I cant get barely any lock. I was wanting to cut the archs at the front, to allow room for the wheels to turn, but wondering on peoples opinions? The best way to do it etc?

I tryed 15's, but it sits far too low on the floor, and really isnt too good, plus i want the looks of the 17's, hopefully have to the power to match (Currently only Janspeed Manifold - Backbox system, and bigger TB and diffo ECU, along with my lovely induction kit), so what you guys reckon?

Do i cut it, or do i jst add the wide front archs, i.e. the kit kristian has?

get 15's would look ALOT better being really low... would keep your speed then... sorry but i wouldnt see another option personally.

maybes because it will give more room to get the lock????no but going that low u will deffo need to cut the arches, try taking the liners out first and see how u get on

liners were out already! lol! i took the front ones out when i put the super s bumper on, i had to unclip them and lost my temper, so ripped them out!" lol!

17s is the only way, i got some wheels that are very rare, so i wana use em!

:s with them wheels that low i believe your gonna have to do some major work :|. Is it not hitting the inside of the chasis leg, cos they seem very big to me width wise?

Big_ben said:
maybes because it will give more room to get the lock????no but going that low u will deffo need to cut the arches, try taking the liners out first and see how u get on

o i see!! thanks

Moving the wheels out with spacers might help you a bit, but if you do it a lot hten you will need wider arches

great fun! that is the width i used to run it on when dropped 35mm, without a prob! its jst how low ive now gone! i think its goin in the bodyshop now!!

ill get some once my rents are back from france, they have the digi cam! jst please dont take the #### outta the bonnet! lol

Back