anyone to change clutch

hey all, the purple hobbit is starting to strugle sometimes going into 1st gear and is not so smooth into second either,there's a whistleing noise sometimes that seems to stop when the clutch pedal is pressed,i've been led to believe that the clutch release bearings are on their way out,(really hoping it's not the gearbox!)and if i'm going to change it i might as well do the whole clutch,anyone confirm these symptoms for me? also been quoted around £150 for a new clutch kit supplied and fitted,which when asking around seems around the right price for a garage, can anyone on here with the know how and somewhere not to far from kings heath in birmingham do this job cheaper? cheers in advance all(Y)

a worn gear selector linkage bushing could cause 1st-2nd gear to be difficult to select cos the internal selector arm can't move across enough, even though the gear stick is moved fully left, so the misaligned selector catches on the sides hence making selection feel notchy. loose bushing may also cause the stick to rattle freely in 5th gear while cruising

Wait wait.. £150 for a clutch supplied and fitted??? Where are you getting these quotes everyone around me wanted 300+

We supply and fit K11 clutches for £150. Its about the average price about us.

I'm with Frank, I'd check the adjustment 1st. We have had loads of people book in to have clutches done only to find it needed a 5 minute adjustment! Sometimes we are just too honest, LOL!

davey 1991. search around to find somewhere cheaper! getaway car.you are right hence going to see frank soon,not gonna try myself as i'm good at messing things up lol,fingers crossed it's a simple thing, only frank will tell :grinning:

a worn gear selector linkage bushing could cause 1st-2nd gear to be difficult to select cos the internal selector arm can't move across enough, even though the gear stick is moved fully left, so the misaligned selector catches on the sides hence making selection feel notchy. loose bushing may also cause the stick to rattle freely in 5th gear while cruising
Can you show me where the bushing is ? Diagram or even a picture?? Can’t seem to figure it out as someone bodged on a pulsar short shifter

14031743831295.png

Its the bushing at the end of 17. You can replace it with one from a Almera N15 ga16de. Those are better quality and have a extra rubber in it. Way better then the hard micra one.

14031743831295.png

Its the bushing at the end of 17. You can replace it with one from a Almera N15 ga16de. Those are better quality and have a extra rubber in it. Way better then the hard micra one.

I needed this one, the rod goes through the bushing

Attachments

• DCA8EDD9-DEC0-40ED-B4F5-D907209C253D.jpeg
    DCA8EDD9-DEC0-40ED-B4F5-D907209C253D.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I needed this one, the rod goes through the bushing

Ah that one. Famous one with a short shifter. Cuz you need the bushing from a k11 and use some chassis rings to space it correctly. Will rattle 9/10 times. Also dont tighten them to much. This will cause heavy shifting.

Ah that one. Famous one with a short shifter. Cuz you need the bushing from a k11 and use some chassis rings to space it correctly. Will rattle 9/10 times. Also dont tighten them to much. This will cause heavy shifting.
The mechanic said the rings got worn out hence the shaking in first gear what do I do to stop that from happening

Pull out the short shifter and just use the normal one because that fits without bodgery. You can cut a piece out of the normal one and retap or weld the top piece with the threats to it.

Or get some new rings. Preferably with the correct size. Dont go stacking rings because that will rattle alot faster. i dont know what thickness you need but shouldnt be to hard to figure out.

Pull out the short shifter and just use the normal one because that fits without bodgery. You can cut a piece out of the normal one and retap or weld the top piece with the threats to it.

Or get some new rings. Preferably with the correct size. Dont go stacking rings because that will rattle alot faster. i dont know what thickness you need but shouldnt be to hard to figure out.
That’s fine thanks for all the help ? made a massive difference!

Back