• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Anyone interested in my trusty 1L 1995 LX 4 door Micra?

My trusty '95 Micra's MOT expires on 12th August. The bodywork will need attention to get it through the test. Now that I have a family to cart about, it's probably best (wiping a tear from my eye!) to invest in a newer and bigger car, my Micra having given me eleven years of stirling service. What to do with the old girl though?
Probably easiest to call the scrap man (does it have any value at the moment?) or advertise it for spares or repair? Or would any one here be interested? I'm in the middle of Norfolk.
The worst bits of the bodywork, which have been patched before are the usual OS back part of the sill and the front cross member. The car has done 116000 miles and the engine's running well, although it may need a new thermostat ( the heater's not getting as warm as it used to). The half decent tyres probably have another 10000 miles left in them, although there's a slight shake on the steering when doing between 60 to 70 MPH. The front exhaust pipe is split and there's a slight blow on the corroded plate of the front box.
IMG_20180703_210527568.jpg
IMG_20180703_210546483_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180703_210618485.jpg
IMG_20180703_210719046.jpg
IMG_20180703_210731214.jpg

ahh too far for me :( in in durham
its worth saving not scrapping, looks it wants new rear quater sills, probs a new crossmember (cheap to get) and then going over

I'm up in Cheshire but I know my husband would love your car. Since learning to drive in my Micra he's a convert. We're absurdly skint, in the process of buying our own home and trying to get him a car so he can get to work. We have welder friends and the work wouldn't be too much of an issue. Watch this space for a lottery win to be able to afford a trip to Norfolk!

OP
OP
W
I'm up in Cheshire but I know my husband would love your car. Since learning to drive in my Micra he's a convert. We're absurdly skint, in the process of buying our own home and trying to get him a car so he can get to work. We have welder friends and the work wouldn't be too much of an issue. Watch this space for a lottery win to be able to afford a trip to Norfolk!

The MOT expires on the 12th August, so you may have a month for your numbers to come up! It may even come with enough petrol to get half way back! Good luck with your house buying.

OP
OP
W
Hi all, Five and half years later, it's still sitting in the drive (in Norwich), if anyone's interested in it for the scrap price?

Why?

The engine, clutch, brake discs, rear brakes & wheels will be seized solid, rainwater leaks fishponds mouldy inside & all tyres dry rot perished after five years stood idle outside?

Scrappers Hiab crane truck reqd. to shift it. :cry:

Hi mate, could you send me a phone number or anything? I’m keen. Happy to send an offer and get the car collected from you ASAP. Cheers :)