Anyone here ever worked at McDonalds?

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I know it's a rubbish job but it's a gap filler till I get an apprenticeship.

My question is when you were there did you receive any training or anything.

I've been there a month now and have had no training, I still haven't got my full uniform. It wouldn't be a problem but they have a go when I mess up.

I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble for £4.75 an hour, none of the managers listen, I tried to report broken equipment the other day and all I got was 'get on with it'.

Well working there is good on your cv, it shows you can put up with crap, crap from customers, management, and anyone else you may meet. No wonder they are short on staff, they don't pay nearly enough for it. I didn't even get a crew handbook so have no idea about what rights I don't have.

Use to run the kitchen at one so when i say olly its filth, get out why you still can.

I mean it

Sounds like the management need more training. as you've spotted something not working it shows initiative unlike the others that work with you.
£4.75 is taking the wee-wee imo, they should pay more wages as the amount of money they make in a week is ridiculous and why should you wear your own gear it's not as if they can't afford it!

I wouldn't work there just because of the money but for others like you say it's a stop-gap Job.

best thing i can advise is to do and try and get things right first time, if you make a mistake it's ok, you're only human you know!

The only thing I can do is keep messing up, then they will have to train me. I might go to the regional manager and report some of them. So many people drop the food and pick it right back up again, it's put me off eating there.

I've given them a choice of me doing a job properly or quickly and they just want quickly. I wouldn't recommend anyone giving McDonalds their business, the army treat you better, at least there you get proper uniform and training, course there is a chance of losing body parts/ dying. Pay is probably better too.

I read a report on Mcdonalds not long ago, and alot of people who worked there and stuck it out, worked up to managerial positions, which does actually look good on your CV, especially with all the experience gained. They went onto have successful careers in management with other corporations

retail makes a better short term job than mcdonalds i think. i work at animal and the pay is 5.45, which aint bad for 18.

can't stand mc'donalds food wise but have never worked there. did how ever noon light at nandos for 4 years, still in touch with management and many more mates!

I used to work at Tesco, I actually enjoyed working there, have you considered something like that for short term?

I found it a great place to get with birds as well, new girls on checkouts were easy prey and the staff parties were always fun!!

Never done McDonalds, but it sounds better lol. I'm a Technical Engineer now, knew I wasn't gonna be doing Tesco forever.

Tesco will give me £6.30 an hour but McDonalds is closer, I live in the middle of nowhere.
I'll be doin an electrical apprenticeship soon anyway.

ive heard nothing but bad things from people who used to work at mac donalds. my mate works at tesco (used to work for macdonalds) and says its much more fun and better working there....altough imo the hours are stupid at tesco and macdonalds is just crap lol. i did consider working at tesco but i wouldnt really like to work there! at the mo iam working at a local pub and its much better than any macdonalds or tescos! iam on around (carnt rember lol) £5.00+ an hour

I worked there for 3 years. I stuck it out and went for the managers exams, fair does i failed, twice, then left because i was fed up with the job. But i was a trainee floor manager so my CV has manager wrote on it somewere, which looks good.

You should get paired up with someone and shown the ropes, Thats how i trained people on a regular basis. Also you shouldnt be on the floor unless your in mcdonalds uniform, Get them to pull there finger out. £4.75, Im sure they used to pay more than that.., Tight gits.

Out of interest, Are you in kitchen or on front counter working?

Do same job as me! Domino's delivery driver! Start off at 4.75 an hour, go up to 5.05 after 6 months, then 5.25 after a years work, and so on... And with the little micra engine, i end up spending about 10quid petrol a night and get about 20quid+ back each night (get petrol at end of night plus any tips) pretty good for a gap filler and works around college too as they want evening drivers for deliveries! And the cash in hand means i dont spend and of my pay in bank on junk! Lol. Plus it means i get to drive my k10 alot and earn money whilst doing it :D

Im earning about 150quid a week on about 30-35 hours, plus about 50quid+ extra a week from extra petrol money/tips. So on about 800quid a month. Wow, didnt realise it was that much! But it all works around my full time college course and thats main reason i went for job. Been with them for nearly 5 months so pay rise soon! Woop! Lol.

Id say stick with it mate if it pays the bills!

I started out on drive thru, now they stick me wherever they are shortest of people. I have taught myself all the chicken stuff just by watching.

the evesham macdonalds has about 15 people working on a friday and saturday night....and its such a small place! cramped conditions or what!

We can work on 5 crew and 1 manager. We only have 1 crew and 1 manager when we do the 24 hour drivethru. People keep quitting so we are always short.

Back