Anyone have a PS3 on order?

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
As title, just wondering!

Spoke with someone at Game in Nottingham and the order book is approaching 280!!! Thats a lot of loot for one shop!!!

I have had mine for a while (Jpn import) and at the moment use more for bluray than games, although Motorstorm and Ridge Racer is amazing in HD!!

butta

Kicked in the Member
cant justify what would be £500 with a handfull of games so i will have to wait 12 months untill the price drops!

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
yea i got mine a few months back as well from Hong kong £300 60gb version with 2 games and an extra wireless pad, although sony encourage people to buy from their own country but its a lot cheaper for the same product! why do we have to get ripped off all the time!

anyway if people are worried they may not get their hands on a PS3 on time from pre-orders, virgin can guarantee customers getting their hands on one on launch date or a full refund unlike some other high street retailers where they would make you wait......sometimes for months.

xbox 360 is still more fun with lots of games though. :)

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
£500 now or round about, be about £400 come christmas, <£350 after, im waiting till after christmas b4 i think about gettin one, im after a nice plasma tv first :D

kristian

One Way Mule
Well ive owned and played a PS3 that I imported.. I was Severly underwhelmed...

In my opinion The Xbox 360 is by FAR the best value for money, and will be for the next 12months at least..

Personnally I also think its a better machine and the exclusive games are better, Gotham/Halo etc...

Im probably going to buy another in maybe a years time for Gran Turismo..

James

Chairman
I've seen side-by-side HD Video comparing Xbox 360 games with their PS3 counterparts and they look no different, and a website reviewed about 10 games side by side and said the PS3 only had the upper hand in a couple of them.

TredderK11

Ex. Club Member
the 360 will be the better console for a long time to come no doubt about it and its not just virgin that guarantees a console on launch day Game to too with the standard pre-order charge that every store must charge.

I've heard that the UK one's won't have the hardware to play PS2 titles, and will rely on patches from Sony's website...

I don't get much time to play games now, but have been tempted to get a Wii as I like the way you play games on it. Having cinema like graphics would be ok, but I prefer fun and good gameplay!

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
I have played a Wii and I must say they are SO MUCH FUN to play!! If I could afford one i'd buy one!

Yes....MY Wii :p

Wii is the ultimate drunken fun!!! Just not many good titles on it at the moment.

I can not justify spending £500 on a games console. Wanted a Wii from day one when it was code named "Revolution".

No interest at all in the Xbox / PS3 race......IMO they are exactly the same, going to offer the same games near enough with the same quality. Wiis gone down an entirely different route and I love it.

TredderK11

Ex. Club Member
the ps3 dont need patches only on obscure ps2 games like on the 360. the ps3 is fully backwards compatible with ps1 an ps2 games so should be no issue with that. btw im not a huge geek i work in Game part time so have to know this.

OP
OP
MICRASKYLINE

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
There is always going to be a whos better then who argument!!

At the moment PS3 games are no where near as good as the 360's.

I have Gears of War and it kicks Resistance ass in gameplay and graphics but I always say that the 360 has time as an advantage (as in development wise!)

I'm waiting for Metal Gear!!

TredderK11 - Nice to know there is a fellow member in Derby!

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
the ps3 dont need patches only on obscure ps2 games like on the 360. the ps3 is fully backwards compatible with ps1 an ps2 games so should be no issue with that. btw im not a huge geek i work in Game part time so have to know this.

Perfect example why I shop at Gamestation instead!!

TredderK11

Ex. Club Member
Gamestation will give the same response as what has just been given by myself the fact is that the ps3 will have the same variation of games that the 360 will have and will need just as many patches as the 360.

chrissy

Ex. Club Member
agree with the gran turismo comment i'll get one just for that but still £425 bucks is an insane amount of money to spend on one o.k u get the arguments its the cheapest blue ray player you can buy but so what dvd players started of like that aswell so unless my footie coupon comes up this weekend i shall be keepin my £425 bucks and tryin to talk my phone company into givin me an xbox seein as how there givin away everything under the sun to new customers and my contracts up at the end of the month!!!rant over im off to bed

FOGS-SI

Ex. Club Member
i wont be one be one of those people that camp outside the shop hours before it's released, i don't think im that mad:upside: ive been getting playstations and the GT games since they first came out, so i really don't want to get anything else.......but...i do like gotham racing on the 360 i tried it at swiper's and it a shame grand turismo can't use the Ferrari and Lamborgini marques:down:

James

Chairman
Did you hear on Radio 1 this morning, Chris Moyles was trying to let Aled allow him to play catch with their PS3, was quite funny!

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i wont be one be one of those people that camp outside the shop hours before it's released, i don't think im that mad:upside: ive been getting playstations and the GT games since they first came out, so i really don't want to get anything else.......but...i do like gotham racing on the 360 i tried it at swiper's and it a shame grand turismo can't use the Ferrari and Lamborgini marques:down:

well they are using ferrari in the new gran turismo, named granturismo HD

and i think it will come down to brand loyalty, although every penny you can take away from bill gates the better....
i will be getting a ps3. when they come down in price. not because i think its over priced. not at all..... but just that i cant afford it..lol

and gt5 will beat all other racing games that have ever been before......exactly as they all have.....

i think the major things with the xbox 360 is that it is noisy, bulky, and when the ps3 has been out for a while, you will notice how slow it is in comparison......
the ps3 has the worlds most powerful micro-processor as a graphics engine. there is no longer a "we have to make the games to suit the system" scenario anymore. it is no more.... "we have limitless processing power, how real can we make them"

cant wait....

James

Chairman
Yes, everyone always harps on about these 7 CORES!!!!!1111oneone but in pretty much all the comparisons i've seen, the Xbox 360 either beats or rivals them.

GameSpot: http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html
The Xbox 360 had better graphics in almost all the games we examined. The 360's biggest victories were in Madden 07 and Fight Night Round 3, where the differences in texture detail and lighting stood out in our comparison shots. We couldn't capture this in the screenshots, but the Xbox 360 games generally offered better framerates too.

I just can't justify paying another £136 for the same graphics...

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
7 CORES!!!!!1111oneone

hahaha yeah thats like my engine is bigger than yours argument which means nothing.

although every penny you can take away from bill gates the better....
Why? What has he done wrong? also he has argubly the best computer products in existance. Not only that do you have ANY IDEA how much he gives away to charity.. Were talking serious money here.

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well they came out lastnight, was anyone sad enough to cue outside CAME at 12 midnight? well then if anyone has one (there propbs on it now) but ha'way, whats it like? worth the £500?

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6482789.stm

As Thursday crossed into Friday, 17-year-old Ritatsu Thomas and the 100 other PlayStation fans crammed into the Virgin Megastore on Oxford Street were jubilant.
And not just because they were the first gamers in the UK to get their hands on Sony's long-awaited games console.
Nor was it due to the fact they had been fuelled on free coffee and Coke for the last 24 hours.

They had just been told they had been rewarded for their patience and loyalty with a free £2,500 high-definition TV on which to play their shiny new console.

Wow!!!

James

Chairman

James

Chairman
Well apparantly there's no stock shortages and you can stroll into your local game shop to get one.

Personally I attribute that to a non-Christmas launch (the Wii and 360 were).

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
wow! thats is incredably nice of sony! nice to see them reward loyal people like that, so for £500 they got

*PS3 £500
*SONY HD TV £2,500
*free taxi home £????

that is amazing! good on sony :D

solarice

Ex. Club Member
granted excellent marketing ploy, but i think its a little unfair for the rest of the country...at least spread out the joy a little instead of just one shop at one place...

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Not sure what the huge pre order panic was about as they are everywhere. Had them for £400 / €600 in spain, but didnt have one to play on. However, HMV oxford street gave away IIRC £250,000 worth of plasma TV's to customers who queued up to get a PS3! lucky people

OP
OP
MICRASKYLINE

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
I dont think they gave away the Sony 46X range of tv, I have been told they were the 46W ones,

The 46W range had some clouding issues on them and I bet they are the ones that got sent back, but fixed!

either way its a 46'' LCD!!!

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Virgin Megastores on Princes Street in Edingburgh had 70 spare consoles in stock after it fulfilled its pre-orders, made me chuckle when they were offering them to all customers when you bought a CD